GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP query..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 23:45
"cheerios"
Is it more worth it to get a Japanese PSP or an American one? I know the games all region free but it's mainly a UMD movie factor. I can't decide whether to get a Japanese PSP for extremely cheap (£100 with a game) or an American one for the USA's regular price. Should I sacrifice the ability of being able to play multi player games with people when they get their european games over the cost?
Thu 07/07/05 at 20:00
Regular
"Mozzy"
Ready, dont you have a PSP anyway?
Thu 07/07/05 at 19:51
"cheerios"
Ready wrote:
> Get a UK one when it comes out you impatiant tw@t!

It's not because I'm impatient or because I'm a "tw@t"....it's cos I don't want to spend a pointless extra £100 on something when the overseas versions have the exact same capabilities.
Thu 07/07/05 at 18:27
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
Get a UK one when it comes out you impatiant tw@t!
Fri 01/07/05 at 19:33
Regular
"Mozzy"
got it! love it!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

wipeout is amazing!

It plays movies!

I can listen to music!

This will be soooo big in england when it comes out!

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Tue 28/06/05 at 20:50
Regular
"Mozzy"
Another thing, they're sending it through DHL I think so if they arrive and im not indoors will they just do what the Royal Mail do and leave a leaflet through the door with an address for me to collect it?

Bit of a stupid question but im curious.

Oh yeh, I forgot to check how long it takes to arrive, does anyone know?
Tue 28/06/05 at 19:25
Regular
"Mozzy"
Bullett wrote:
> Not with the new firmware. Sony have put a stop to that already. I
> was stupid enough to upgrade my firmware, not realising it would then
> prevent me from emulating :(

Well (apparently) the American PSPs are still 1.50 Firmwire so that is still able to emulate. So hopefully mines will be 1.00 or 1.50.

> Stick with VGP. Importmadness are a little cheaper, but if something
> goes wrong i.e. delays, you'll never, ever get a response from
> customer service. VGP always reply.

I checked Importmadness and they were round about the same so I decided to go with VGP simply because you always reccomend them and I have bought a GBA SP from them before.

> 32Mb is more than enough for saves, but if you want music etc, go for
> a 512Mb/1Gb. My 1Gb has the full Anchorman movie on, about 95 songs
> and there's still a load of space left.

I probably wont need a bigger stick then cause I already have an iPod for my music. I really cant see myself buying UMD Movies, i'd only buy them if they were really cheap because 1) I dont watch movies alot anyway and 2) I'd only watch a UMD Movie when out on a long journey or soemthing which doesn't happen often.

I've still got about £80 left after just ordering Wipeout Pure and the PSP Value Pack but I probably wont spend that on getting another game because I really want the new Arsenal shirt and want to save a little bit of my money just to please my parents. :)
Tue 28/06/05 at 18:33
Regular
Mozzy wrote:
> Tis my birthday and im soooo close to getting a PSP now, i've gotta
> admit one reason why im getting it is because of the fact that you
> can emulate which means I can play all of the classic Nintendo games
> on my PSP.

Not with the new firmware. Sony have put a stop to that already. I was stupid enough to upgrade my firmware, not realising it would then prevent me from emulating :(

> But anyway, i've looked on Videogamesplus.ca and Ebay and it seems
> like VGP are cheaper. But I haven't checked Import Madness yet.

Stick with VGP. Importmadness are a little cheaper, but if something goes wrong i.e. delays, you'll never, ever get a response from customer service. VGP always reply.

> I'll most probably get just the one game for now and then when I go
> to New York in a few weeks i'll buy loadsa games.

I'm planning on picking up a load more games when I go soon. Taking my US Xbox and all my NTSC games over to offload them at Gamestop.

> Im hoping that if I get Wipeout it'll keep me busy for a while. I
> might get a bigger size memory stick too, unless 32Mb is enough...?

32Mb is more than enough for saves, but if you want music etc, go for a 512Mb/1Gb. My 1Gb has the full Anchorman movie on, about 95 songs and there's still a load of space left.
Tue 28/06/05 at 18:07
Regular
"Mozzy"
Tis my birthday and im soooo close to getting a PSP now, i've gotta admit one reason why im getting it is because of the fact that you can emulate which means I can play all of the classic Nintendo games on my PSP.

But anyway, i've looked on Videogamesplus.ca and Ebay and it seems like VGP are cheaper. But I haven't checked Import Madness yet.

I'll most probably get just the one game for now and then when I go to New York in a few weeks i'll buy loadsa games.

Im hoping that if I get Wipeout it'll keep me busy for a while. I might get a bigger size memory stick too, unless 32Mb is enough...?
Mon 27/06/05 at 17:21
Regular
"object"
japan is actualy in the same reigon for things like DVD'S as we are, it does sound strange but its true.
Thu 23/06/05 at 07:47
Regular
"Mozzy"
Errr...mine doesn't do that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.