GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP query..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 23:45
"cheerios"
Is it more worth it to get a Japanese PSP or an American one? I know the games all region free but it's mainly a UMD movie factor. I can't decide whether to get a Japanese PSP for extremely cheap (£100 with a game) or an American one for the USA's regular price. Should I sacrifice the ability of being able to play multi player games with people when they get their european games over the cost?
Mon 25/07/05 at 23:23
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Bonus wrote:
> The only issue will be with individual games. US versions of the
> software may not work with europen versions if the programmers write
> code that isnm't compatible, but that's not likely.

Gamespot or IGN have tested the JAP and US version of Ridge Racer and they arent compatible through wireless. Whether the UK and US will be, due to the same language, we will have to wait and see.
Mon 25/07/05 at 19:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If it's anywhere near as good as the PS2 version then it'd be very addictive
Mon 25/07/05 at 19:40
Regular
"es argh"
Oh, and I've also heard tha Hot Shots Golf thingy is meant to be very addictive, anyone have it?
Mon 25/07/05 at 13:48
Regular
"Mozzy"
I've got that PC Lumines thing.
Mon 25/07/05 at 13:36
Regular
"es argh"
Bonus wrote:

> The US PSP and the UK PSPs will be ocmpatible together on a wi-fi
> network. The PSP uses 802.11g networking, this is an international
> standard.

Ta.

I'm wondering about Lumines, I found a really basic version for the PC and what I gather it's a square of 4 blocks that sort of make a big wall of 2 colours or something.

Seemed a bit...hmmm. But from the videos I've seen it sends you into an epileptic fit of enjoyment.
Mon 25/07/05 at 12:13
Regular
Once you do clear em all, you get onto clear 20 blocks, too me a while :). I'm stuck on "create a big O".

The game is immense, but it's so damn addictive :).
Mon 25/07/05 at 06:38
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> Buy Lumines, can't say that often enough :D.

Yay, another Lumines victim/fan! I'm still addicted to this game, been recently focusing on the Puzzle mode, stuck on 'Clear All' atm >:@

Should have Coded Arms and DUB arriving Wednesday/Thursday - held off of buying FIFA, looks like it was a good idea.
Mon 25/07/05 at 01:33
Regular
Buy Lumines, can't say that often enough :D.

The US PSP and the UK PSPs will be ocmpatible together on a wi-fi network. The PSP uses 802.11g networking, this is an international standard.

The only issue will be with individual games. US versions of the software may not work with europen versions if the programmers write code that isnm't compatible, but that's not likely.

The only issue I can see is that the infrastructure versions of onine PSP games from the states will automatically look up US servers, where the Europen versions will look for European servers.
Sun 24/07/05 at 19:57
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im gonna f**king explode in a minute. I've been trying to do this tournament on Wipeout and there is this certain track that is sooooooooo FCUKING hard.

Sorry about the swearing, but I really annoyed right now.

It's the second track in the Beta league. Im sure those of you who know the track will agree that it is frustrating.

There are way too many sharp bends, and even with the slowest ship it is still impossible to come in the top 3.

(btw, im playing it on one of the fastest modes, I think it's Phantom)
Sun 24/07/05 at 17:54
Regular
"Mozzy"
I really did try to like it.

But it's too annoying now. Everytime I play this game I cant help but wonder what the testers were thinking when they tested the game.

I mean, I could just imagine them saying "Damn, these controls are a bit crap...ah well, just release it, im sure it'll sell".

Argh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.