GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, Tales of Symphonia..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'tales of symphonia'.
Fri 19/11/04 at 14:58
Regular
Got Tales this morning. Coldest game I've ever got (erm.... yeah).

But it seems good. At first the combat seemed a bit crappy, just a shallow PSO-type system, but now it's starting to get good. Only played it for half an hour, but I can see it getting very good in a few hours (of play, not just time).

Oh, and It's published by Nintendo. Something I didn't know. And it's got two discs.

Now, how in gods name am I going to get the time to play this, Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2, Halo 2 and still leave my social life intact?

Sheet.
Tue 23/11/04 at 22:26
Regular
X is jump and I think guard.
Tue 23/11/04 at 22:32
"The Will of D."
Oh yeah didn't use that at all often *smiles on as i am the true offensive master*
Wed 24/11/04 at 00:03
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I meant the U. Attacks if that's what they're called :S
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:19
"The Will of D."
Ah unison attacks. They are pretty cool. Don't bother trying to find an attack that Raine can pull off for some damaage until she gets the spell attack Ray, which can be used to make a combination attack with one of Genis' wind spells. Also you do is just when it comes to the Unison attack just put all their best moves onto the straight forward button (without directions) and just button all of the main buttons A, B, Y, and X. Then when you have all the characters ready they will basically "stop time" to do the attacks in until they are finished.
I'm pretty used to the stop time effect as it happens everytime you do a spell in the prequel Tales of Phanatasia.
BTW I am pretty sure to pull off a unison you don't need to have enough TP available for each characters selected attacks, but how often does it get that desparate?
Wed 24/11/04 at 10:37
Regular
"thursdayton!"
The TP situation gets very desperate for me ^_^ Why hack with your sword when you can do the stabby-stabby special move? :D
Wed 24/11/04 at 14:43
"The Will of D."
Because you may end up running out of TP at a crucial moment and you'll have to rely only on your sword skills and other characters attacks. Use TP sparingly during enemy fights in dungeons just enough so that you can get a tiny surplus of tp at the end of each fight as you get some back afterwards. Also if you do cooking you don't have to waste raine's TP on healing after a fight as most cooking recipes can heal you a lot.
Fri 26/11/04 at 14:42
Regular
Oh my god just came up to a amazing point of the game... bloody hell!
Fri 26/11/04 at 15:03
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Haven't played it in the last few days but I'm in the Palmacosta human ranch. Enjoying it more and more I'm just having to balance that with Paper Mario and work stuff :S
Fri 26/11/04 at 16:13
Regular
"Bow to me!"
W...ork?
Fri 26/11/04 at 16:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
You bet. At my sixth form we have coursework and deadlines instead of putting shapes into the right holes in a box.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.