GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, Tales of Symphonia..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'tales of symphonia'.
Fri 19/11/04 at 14:58
Regular
Got Tales this morning. Coldest game I've ever got (erm.... yeah).

But it seems good. At first the combat seemed a bit crappy, just a shallow PSO-type system, but now it's starting to get good. Only played it for half an hour, but I can see it getting very good in a few hours (of play, not just time).

Oh, and It's published by Nintendo. Something I didn't know. And it's got two discs.

Now, how in gods name am I going to get the time to play this, Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2, Halo 2 and still leave my social life intact?

Sheet.
Fri 19/11/04 at 16:24
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yay, got this today and had a good go on it. I was just in a Deserty place and then I got captured :( Anyway, so far I can't fault the graphics and story which have both kept me engrossed, and the battle system is beginning to grow on me (I still prefer turn-based though, Heh).

A few niggles. The skits should have been voiced like in the Jap version. You're left staring at the characters mouths moving silently after you've already read the subtitle. Can you skip? I can't find that you can. And the battle system still seems all a bit random, especially when fighting in a large party - I wish I had more control over the other party members.

Still, looking like I will enjoy it alot.
Fri 19/11/04 at 17:21
"The Will of D."
I found that in the skits you almost didn't have enough time to read all of it before it went on to the next one, so voice acting there would have helped a lot.
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Not enough time?

How slow do you read :|
Fri 19/11/04 at 22:16
"The Will of D."
Well you probably set the timings for the skits for a much slower setting, so i set it to just within my reading speed so it can be a challenge for me.
Fri 19/11/04 at 22:44
Regular
Argh another game to get i can't afford.... where's paper mario?
Fri 19/11/04 at 22:45
Regular
Heh, mine's on the way.

Hopefully

Better had be SR
Fri 19/11/04 at 22:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> Well you probably set the timings for the skits for a much slower
> setting, so i set it to just within my reading speed so it can be a
> challenge for me.

*Shakes head*

I am a very fast reader and the first thing I did was put the text to it's quickest setting. Skits aren't controlled by this setting however - unchanged from the Japanese version the text is timed to match speech (which is no longer there).
Sun 21/11/04 at 14:30
Regular
This is quite a strange game but.. random battles are ENJOYABLE must be a good RPG if I love random battles :D
Hardest battle I've fought is with a bloody fake tresure chest..
Sun 21/11/04 at 16:53
"period drama"
I hate fake teasure chests.
Why does every game have to have them?
They're just mean.
Sun 21/11/04 at 19:16
Regular
Hmm just got unison attacks confusing they are.. but cool if I can pull it off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.