GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, Tales of Symphonia..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'tales of symphonia'.
Fri 19/11/04 at 14:58
Regular
Got Tales this morning. Coldest game I've ever got (erm.... yeah).

But it seems good. At first the combat seemed a bit crappy, just a shallow PSO-type system, but now it's starting to get good. Only played it for half an hour, but I can see it getting very good in a few hours (of play, not just time).

Oh, and It's published by Nintendo. Something I didn't know. And it's got two discs.

Now, how in gods name am I going to get the time to play this, Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2, Halo 2 and still leave my social life intact?

Sheet.
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:19
"The Will of D."
Ah unison attacks. They are pretty cool. Don't bother trying to find an attack that Raine can pull off for some damaage until she gets the spell attack Ray, which can be used to make a combination attack with one of Genis' wind spells. Also you do is just when it comes to the Unison attack just put all their best moves onto the straight forward button (without directions) and just button all of the main buttons A, B, Y, and X. Then when you have all the characters ready they will basically "stop time" to do the attacks in until they are finished.
I'm pretty used to the stop time effect as it happens everytime you do a spell in the prequel Tales of Phanatasia.
BTW I am pretty sure to pull off a unison you don't need to have enough TP available for each characters selected attacks, but how often does it get that desparate?
Wed 24/11/04 at 00:03
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I meant the U. Attacks if that's what they're called :S
Tue 23/11/04 at 22:32
"The Will of D."
Oh yeah didn't use that at all often *smiles on as i am the true offensive master*
Tue 23/11/04 at 22:26
Regular
X is jump and I think guard.
Tue 23/11/04 at 22:20
"The Will of D."
I'm pretty sure i didn't use X or Y in battle but i can't remember what they did. The main battle controls are A and B.
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Heh. I tried out those moves for everyone in the party. And I had nooo idea what to do.. I was like: "Press A B X Y?" Shouldn't be too hard!"

I'm sure I'll learn.. >_<
Tue 23/11/04 at 17:08
"The Will of D."
Yeah but it's best to keep your GRADE points for when you finish the game as you can trade them in for cool stuff when you start your next game, which is the main reason to play it again.
Tue 23/11/04 at 15:06
Regular
You can also buy Ex gems with your GRADE with someone in each town although you'll need to look for that person (usually near expedition cat people)
Tue 23/11/04 at 14:12
"The Will of D."
There are no paticular ways for levelling your ex-skills you just have to get higher levelled Ex-Gems which of course will have 4 different stat boosters depending on which you choose from that level gem. For the time being level 2's are pretty rare gifts from bosses and chests in dungeons but as you go through the game they become more common and replaced by level 3's then the same then level 4's. There is only 1 ex gem higher than that but you can't get it until you complete the game and you can use your bonus points (the ones you get after every fight other than exp.)

Also there is usually enough level 4's by the end of the game for 8 players using 4 each.
Tue 23/11/04 at 13:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I getcha.. kinda :D

So I know I'm at Ex Skills Level 1 or whatever right now. How do I go up a level?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.