GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, Tales of Symphonia..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'tales of symphonia'.
Fri 19/11/04 at 14:58
Regular
Got Tales this morning. Coldest game I've ever got (erm.... yeah).

But it seems good. At first the combat seemed a bit crappy, just a shallow PSO-type system, but now it's starting to get good. Only played it for half an hour, but I can see it getting very good in a few hours (of play, not just time).

Oh, and It's published by Nintendo. Something I didn't know. And it's got two discs.

Now, how in gods name am I going to get the time to play this, Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2, Halo 2 and still leave my social life intact?

Sheet.
Fri 19/11/04 at 14:58
Regular
Got Tales this morning. Coldest game I've ever got (erm.... yeah).

But it seems good. At first the combat seemed a bit crappy, just a shallow PSO-type system, but now it's starting to get good. Only played it for half an hour, but I can see it getting very good in a few hours (of play, not just time).

Oh, and It's published by Nintendo. Something I didn't know. And it's got two discs.

Now, how in gods name am I going to get the time to play this, Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2, Halo 2 and still leave my social life intact?

Sheet.
Fri 19/11/04 at 15:01
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I sent my other half off to work with strict instructions to buy this or else!....

so it should be waiting for me when I get home

*I hope*
Fri 19/11/04 at 15:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I've got Halo 2 and Half Life 2 bought.

But I've still yet to get this, Paper Mario 2, Metroid Prime 2 and finish Pikimin 2.

I have little spare money, and the first two games need exhausting first!
Fri 19/11/04 at 15:06
Regular
Damn, completely forgot about Pikmin 2! Got near the end then started playing a whole load of new games. Another thing, voice acting isn't as crappy as the IGN review said (I think it was them, anyway), and the graphics are great. I thought I was sick of cel-shading, but it really suits Tales, even the textures lack quality.
Fri 19/11/04 at 15:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Stupid Nintendo, releasing more brilliant games than anyone else and not telling ME about it......

Well they did, I was just a fool.

Gimme money.
Fri 19/11/04 at 15:20
Regular
Rickoss wrote:

> shallow PSO-type system,

You can't get more shallow than PSO.
Fri 19/11/04 at 15:25
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Rickoss wrote:
> Got Tales this morning. Coldest game I've ever got (erm....
> yeah).

That'd be because its winter. My mail was suitably cold this morning.

Anyway, it sounds good but I shan't be getting it.
Fri 19/11/04 at 15:28
Regular
Yes, but Tales was in my porch for ages. With the porch door open.

Poor Tales :(
Fri 19/11/04 at 15:30
Regular
Ordered it Wednesday night received it Friday from S****games in a nice warm card board box cover thingy.
Fri 19/11/04 at 16:02
"The Will of D."
I've had it for months as you lot probably know, and i've played it twice, each with increased play time overall, and trust me the first time you might not get everything so that's about 60-70 hours of gameplay, then you play through a second time and get everything and that's about 80-100 hours. Trust me there are loads of things to do and i got up to level 90 on my second try when i just finished completing all the sub quests. basically almost all side quests involve a lot of fighting, and you will train up pretty quickly when youget used to the battle system, as you'll be a lot more confident and battle smart to avoid or defeat enmies efficiently and effectively.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.