GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, Tales of Symphonia..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'tales of symphonia'.
Fri 19/11/04 at 14:58
Regular
Got Tales this morning. Coldest game I've ever got (erm.... yeah).

But it seems good. At first the combat seemed a bit crappy, just a shallow PSO-type system, but now it's starting to get good. Only played it for half an hour, but I can see it getting very good in a few hours (of play, not just time).

Oh, and It's published by Nintendo. Something I didn't know. And it's got two discs.

Now, how in gods name am I going to get the time to play this, Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2, Halo 2 and still leave my social life intact?

Sheet.
Fri 26/11/04 at 17:11
"The Will of D."
Scope wrote:
> Oh my god just came up to a amazing point of the game... bloody hell!

Told you it was good *smiles*, I bet I can remember what part of the game it was as well, but for security of spoiler sake I can't say.
Fri 26/11/04 at 17:21
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Ooo.. is it much farther than Palmacosta Ranch?

Also Fox as you seem well versed in this game, is it me or instead of going on the ranch first could I have gone to the volcano by boat to get the statue back instead?
Fri 26/11/04 at 18:33
"The Will of D."
Tphi wrote:
> Ooo.. is it much farther than Palmacosta Ranch?
>
> Also Fox as you seem well versed in this game, is it me or instead of
> going on the ranch first could I have gone to the volcano by boat to
> get the statue back instead?

It is quite a bit but not too far from where you are in the story, but on the basis of the entire story you haven't even done 1/10 of the story or less so far.

Surprisngly no as the statue cannot be retrieved thus allowing you passed the mountain until after the ranch. This game does have some slightly controlling methods to get you to do what you need to, but not too much. The main reason why is that before the ranch is finished you can't find the main priest to talk to about retrieving the statue.
Fri 26/11/04 at 18:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> The main reason why is that before the ranch is
> finished you can't find the main priest to talk to about retrieving
> the statue.

I've not finished the ranch and the priest is already there :P

Not that I'm going to play it for a few years now the DS is here :D
Fri 26/11/04 at 20:58
"The Will of D."
I have an idea on what you can't do to get that Statue, when you go to the volcano there is a cutscene, but i suppose you might not get that to come up until after the ranch. Anyway I haven't played it in a long while but i still rmember the plots and most of the story that happens, but i have forgotten most of the city names as there are a lot of them.
Fri 26/11/04 at 21:56
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Tphi wrote:
> You bet. At my sixth form we have coursework and deadlines instead of
> putting shapes into the right holes in a box.

6th form is being a right pain for me. Some one needs to tell my Maths and History teachers they need to leave us time for some social every now and then, rather than loadsa homework!
Sat 27/11/04 at 10:26
"The Will of D."
Oh god your doing maths Alevels? I did that and I had a B in maths at GCSE and I failed the AS maths course.
Tue 30/11/04 at 22:46
Regular
55 hours into the game.. :D highest level character is Lloyd on level 55, without any walkthroughs but I've been using a FAQ for the sidequests so I don't miss them out.
Wed 01/12/04 at 08:27
"The Will of D."
Scope wrote:
> 55 hours into the game.. :D highest level character is Lloyd on level
> 55, without any walkthroughs but I've been using a FAQ for the
> sidequests so I don't miss them out.

yeah i think that is the only way to get all of them, but trust me you will have to be level 85 or so to finish ALL of the main subquests, mwhahahahhahaha!
Yeah I got to level 87 by the end of my second game as I too used an FAQ for side quests and man there are some tough battles ahead. Have you gotten all of the summons? Like Maxwell?
Wed 01/12/04 at 19:17
Regular
I don't really mind fighting in the world map could do with the money as the restoring thingy (to avoid spoilers) costs alot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.