GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, Tales of Symphonia..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'tales of symphonia'.
Fri 19/11/04 at 14:58
Regular
Got Tales this morning. Coldest game I've ever got (erm.... yeah).

But it seems good. At first the combat seemed a bit crappy, just a shallow PSO-type system, but now it's starting to get good. Only played it for half an hour, but I can see it getting very good in a few hours (of play, not just time).

Oh, and It's published by Nintendo. Something I didn't know. And it's got two discs.

Now, how in gods name am I going to get the time to play this, Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2, Halo 2 and still leave my social life intact?

Sheet.
Sun 21/11/04 at 19:39
"The Will of D."
Scope wrote:
> This is quite a strange game but.. random battles are ENJOYABLE must
> be a good RPG if I love random battles :D

But the whole point of this games is that there isn't any random abttles, you can choose to fight or get pounced on by a fast moving enemy avatar.

> Hardest battle I've fought is with a bloody fake tresure chest..

Ah that must have been in the fire temple in the desert, only magic can do damage, normal attacks only stop it from doing moves. Next time you fight one you won't have to worry so much as there will be more powerful spells at your disposal.
Mon 22/11/04 at 19:37
Regular
I've played about 10 hours of it but I haven't been rushing through the game tryign to train up and fight as many monster as possible cos it's fun :D
Mon 22/11/04 at 19:43
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Haven't had much time to play it lately but I had a little go earlier. Just up to that Ossal (sp?) place and I'm liking it alot. As in I can actually work out what the hell is going on apart from button bashing in the battles now :D
Mon 22/11/04 at 22:57
"The Will of D."
Well if you have a look in your skills menu you can choose 4 different skills from the set of Tactical (T Type) or Strike (S Type), to chosoe between S and T type moves you have to use the Ex-skills Level 1-4 gems to increase your skills to either one of those things, the best skills that Lloyd can get are through S type moves. The way you can tell that some character is heading toward learning S type or T type moves is by looking at the red of green bar that is next to your character in the menu.
Now that is sorted I can tell you what you can do, the 4 choices of moves are actually a lot like on Smash Bros as there is always a set amout of button combos to press to use a special technique, which is B, B <-- and -->, B and down, and B and Up (all at the same time as you probably should have gessed already).
Now that you know what the buttons are and what they o it's up to you to work on upgrading those skills to the next level by using them more than 50 (for level 1 moves) and 100 times (from level 2 to the final level 3 moves) you also need to have done the level 1 moves about 100 tmes if you have access to a combo attack that uses 2 level 1 moves.
Sorry if this is confusing you, but you will understand it eventually.
Tue 23/11/04 at 13:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I getcha.. kinda :D

So I know I'm at Ex Skills Level 1 or whatever right now. How do I go up a level?
Tue 23/11/04 at 14:12
"The Will of D."
There are no paticular ways for levelling your ex-skills you just have to get higher levelled Ex-Gems which of course will have 4 different stat boosters depending on which you choose from that level gem. For the time being level 2's are pretty rare gifts from bosses and chests in dungeons but as you go through the game they become more common and replaced by level 3's then the same then level 4's. There is only 1 ex gem higher than that but you can't get it until you complete the game and you can use your bonus points (the ones you get after every fight other than exp.)

Also there is usually enough level 4's by the end of the game for 8 players using 4 each.
Tue 23/11/04 at 15:06
Regular
You can also buy Ex gems with your GRADE with someone in each town although you'll need to look for that person (usually near expedition cat people)
Tue 23/11/04 at 17:08
"The Will of D."
Yeah but it's best to keep your GRADE points for when you finish the game as you can trade them in for cool stuff when you start your next game, which is the main reason to play it again.
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Heh. I tried out those moves for everyone in the party. And I had nooo idea what to do.. I was like: "Press A B X Y?" Shouldn't be too hard!"

I'm sure I'll learn.. >_<
Tue 23/11/04 at 22:20
"The Will of D."
I'm pretty sure i didn't use X or Y in battle but i can't remember what they did. The main battle controls are A and B.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.