GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life 2 Patch"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Sat 20/11/04 at 15:09
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
When is one likely to be released?

You can list any bug fixes you'd like to see included and general half life 2 errors chat.
Wed 24/11/04 at 17:57
Regular
It has been in development for 6 years, these bugs were apparent at E3 and in the stolen beta release and they made it into the final version.

Care to tell me why we should pay for a game that is for a lot of people unplayable?

It seems to me the ones who always tell the moaners to shut-up are the ones who don't actually have any issues themselves.
Wed 24/11/04 at 17:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
My retail version works offline.
I start it via the icon pinned to my start menu, Steam starts and you have the option to play offline.
Voila.
I experience very occasional sound stutter for about a second or so, but it's barely noticeable if at all.
Runs fine at highest detail etc with my Radeon 9800Pro, Soundblaster Live setup.

It would appear that an awful lot of people are the usual whiney mob that demand instant fixes.
The game's only been out for a week and they're working as fast as they can.
Could I suggest either returning it or shutting up?
Wed 24/11/04 at 17:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tomoose wrote:
> Yeah I have the retail version, but can see no way of making it so it
> doesnt have to connect. So best bet is to update Steam?

Easiest way is to use the icon created on the desktop. It should allow you to start in offline mode.
Wed 24/11/04 at 17:20
Regular
"the burning sky"
Yeah I have the retail version, but can see no way of making it so it doesnt have to connect. So best bet is to update Steam?
Wed 24/11/04 at 17:18
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Tomoose wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to play Hl-2 properly offline. I have to
> connect everytime I want to play, just so I can log-into steam...

Now that "should" have been fixed in last night Steam update? Only works with the retail version though. the Steam DL's versions require Steam all the time.
Wed 24/11/04 at 17:10
Regular
"the burning sky"
Can anyone tell me how to play Hl-2 properly offline. I have to connect everytime I want to play, just so I can log-into steam...
Wed 24/11/04 at 15:03
Regular
No Patch today by the way. Now tomorrow - Ha!

Oh and they have blamed this on Nvidia cards due to there being 3 issues and the patch can't be release until the final fix has been done.

Valve can go cheesy, they are completely taking the pi*s.
Wed 24/11/04 at 10:07
Regular
Yeah, the update was to fix the issues when using Steam offline when it won't let you in without confirming your password.

The stuttering isn't all that bad with 2GB of RAM for me but I'm still waiting for the patch before I play it. I haven't waited 6 years just to have some annoying bug in there. It really got on my t*ts the first couple of hours I played it.

I hopef I haven't opened myself up for more problems as I ordered an Audigy 2 ZS card last night which is known for Half-Life 2 issues.
Wed 24/11/04 at 09:52
Regular
"Touched!"
There was some crappy update to steam for me, but it wasn't the HL2 patch. stuttering is annoying me a bit now.
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:27
Regular
No they delayed it until today to test on a wider variation of platforms.

They have said it will definitley be out later this afternoon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.