GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life 2 Patch"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Sat 20/11/04 at 15:09
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
When is one likely to be released?

You can list any bug fixes you'd like to see included and general half life 2 errors chat.
Thu 25/11/04 at 10:13
Regular
"Touched!"
gerbil man wrote:
> Well, I managed to get the "patch"
>
> But alas, it didn't do ANYTHING.
> At least it's not any worse.

Same here, does nothing at all.
Thu 25/11/04 at 09:08
Regular
Well, I managed to get the "patch"

But alas, it didn't do ANYTHING.
At least it's not any worse.
Thu 25/11/04 at 09:01
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> Will the patch auto-install? My game is running fine, just a few
> stuttering problems after every load (it irons out quickly though). I
> don't want to download any updates when I'm perfectly happy with my
> game as it is.

Unfortunately it does and you can't roll back.

Check the link below, people who didn't have issues before now find it unplayable.
Thu 25/11/04 at 08:56
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
After the inital hassle of the stam install / unlock with a retail disc, I'm sooooooooooo glad I don't have any issues with the game bar the occasional < 1sec stutter.

"What we need here is someone with some audio mixing skills to make a "Freeman rap" mp3 with stuttering audio clips in the game, and slap it on a techno or hip hop framework or something.

Dr. Free-free-free-free-free man...
Dr. Free-free-free-free-free man..
Bass drops in!

How about it, DJs? Give us a laugh while we wait."

Heheheheheheheheeeeee.
Thu 25/11/04 at 08:46
Regular
Will the patch auto-install? My game is running fine, just a few stuttering problems after every load (it irons out quickly though). I don't want to download any updates when I'm perfectly happy with my game as it is.
Thu 25/11/04 at 08:44
Regular
"The Steam Servers are currently too busy to handle your request, please try again in a few minutes"

Here we go again...

Valve can really suck ass.
Thu 25/11/04 at 08:32
Regular
There was a patch apparently but it was tiny and supposedly makes the problem worse?! I am at work at the moment and haven't had time this morning to check anything.

Check:

[URL]http://steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=e2306b00dc8316b70c59f503f3ff7210&threadid=187010&perpage=15&pagenumber=3[/URL]

Go back to page 1 and read from there. There are some VERY pieced off people on Steam this morning as not only has this not fixed the issue but for most it has made it a hell of a lot worse and now some can't even load passed the opening as the game crashes.
Thu 25/11/04 at 07:22
Regular
Is that their solution?

Not very good.
Thu 25/11/04 at 07:21
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Coin wrote:
> Yay, a potch! (pOtch.)

1. Download the latest drivers for your video card.
2. Turn down (or off) anti-aliasing completely. Many cards should be defaulting to no AA.
3. Drop your video resolution down one step.
4. Drop texture level down one setting. This will slightly degrade the visual quality of the textures in the game.

That ain't a patch.
Thu 25/11/04 at 06:54
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yay, a potch! (pOtch.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.