GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BORING!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 22/11/04 at 18:46
Regular
Halo 2 single player is so insanely boring after a while.

It's a lot like the first game really. It starts out well but about half way through I loose the will to play and it just gets tedious.

I can't even bring myself to complete the game as it's just so sodding dull. The first bunch of levels were cool but it's all the freaking same after a while. I swear if I have to face another level of shooting crappy enemies in insanely dull enviroments then I'm gonna rip my eyes out and feed them to my goldfish.

It's just rubbish!

Online though it plays like a dream...an extremely nerdy dream, but a dream all the same.
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:46
Regular
If you managed to stay alive it was awesome, unbelievably addictive.
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:42
Regular
"\\"
Both CS on PC and Xbox were dire. CS source is good. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong (in relating to CS source... saying CS is good is acceptable)
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:39
Regular
Right... 32 vs 32, technically superior, the PC version had around 40-50 more maps including modded maps, completely customisable...

I would LOVE to know how you came to the conclusion that the lame ass Xbox port even came remotely close. I rented it the first weekend it came out, completed the amazing single player *snigger* and then played on LIVE for around 2 hours before realising how crap it was in comparison.

But LIVE has an official headset WTF LOL !111! and a control pad you didn't have to setup from scratch, oooh the brain power involved....
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:21
Regular
Perhaps I'm judging it on the PC version I used to own until I chucked the whole lot in the bin.

Anyway the Xbox version wasn't pish in the slightest, it was a hell of a lot more enjoyable than the PC version. Did you even play it?
Tue 23/11/04 at 16:43
Regular
It is the most popular online PC game for a reason.

The Xbox version was utter sh*te so I have no idea what you are judging Counter-Strike on.

Give me 32 vs 32 any day.
Tue 23/11/04 at 16:06
Regular
It's just Coutnerstrike with tarted up graphics though, the game play is still pretty dated.

I'd take Halo 2 over that any day.
Tue 23/11/04 at 16:06
Regular
LIVE bullett?
Tue 23/11/04 at 16:04
Regular
I still enjoy Halo 2 online though, but CS:Source is waaay better.
Tue 23/11/04 at 16:04
Regular
After having a bash on CS:Source, I can safely say both HL2 and CS:Source are leagues ahead of anything Bungie could possibly give me right now.
Tue 23/11/04 at 16:02
Regular
The Mombasa levels are good. Though all the other levels either start out good but go on for far too long, or are just sucky assfests from the get go.

If I didn't have Live then I would have traded in Halo 2 a couple of days after release.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.