GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BORING!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 22/11/04 at 18:46
Regular
Halo 2 single player is so insanely boring after a while.

It's a lot like the first game really. It starts out well but about half way through I loose the will to play and it just gets tedious.

I can't even bring myself to complete the game as it's just so sodding dull. The first bunch of levels were cool but it's all the freaking same after a while. I swear if I have to face another level of shooting crappy enemies in insanely dull enviroments then I'm gonna rip my eyes out and feed them to my goldfish.

It's just rubbish!

Online though it plays like a dream...an extremely nerdy dream, but a dream all the same.
Wed 24/11/04 at 12:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mav wrote:
> Yes, Halo 2's single player was shockingly disappointing.
>
> Not only did they not include the level from the E3 2003 trailer, it
> had pretty much the same standards of level design as the first
> Halo.

Except they were way better. The two funniest things I read about halo 2 are 'waaah, it didn't have enough Earth levels in it/E3 level wasn't there' etc - Well - A) You got to fight on Earth in great levels anyway, and B) Are you just pi**ed because the story didn't take the path you wanted it to?! The levels are far better. The Pillar of Autumn is just a load of boxes stuck together - Cairo Station is a far more intricate level etc.

>
> Such a shame.

I agree, it weren't that great.

Having sai that, I still much much much prefer H" on Live over CS: Source. I played CS: Source for a good bit yesterday, got horrendously bored (I wasn't playing a game, I was sitting at my PC, if you get my meaning) and immediately went to talk to someone on H2. And kill them.
Tue 23/11/04 at 21:42
Regular
It has also dropped from number 1 to number 4 in a week with GTA:SA reclaiming the top spot and Need For Speed Underground 2 and Half Life 2 take second and third respectivly.
Tue 23/11/04 at 20:56
Regular
Yes, Halo 2's single player was shockingly disappointing.

Not only did they not include the level from the E3 2003 trailer, it had pretty much the same standards of level design as the first Halo.

Such a shame.
Tue 23/11/04 at 20:15
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> Hitboxes?

They are how much damage you do in a certain area on the body, on most FPS out their, like RTCW (Return to castle wolfenstein) A headhsot on that takes off 50hp with a helmet on 75 i think it is without a helmet, in your chest its 35, and at the feet its 20, if I remember correctly >:D
Tue 23/11/04 at 20:08
Regular
Hitboxes?
Tue 23/11/04 at 20:07
Regular
You seem so intent to get the point over that you have a life; PC gamers are geeks and blah blah blah...

Nothing to do with Paranoia, it is plain to see in what you type. I am sure I'm not the only one who has seen this but rather the only one who doesn't lick everyone's ass for the sake of getting more names on the LIVE friends list or some other lame prerogative.
Tue 23/11/04 at 20:00
Regular
"Touched!"
In my opinion they are both good games, however I enjoy Halo 2 more, mainly because I prefer the game modes and I enjoy playing with people off here, if it wasn't for people on here I wouldn't play it. I think if you know people you'll enjoy the game more because you don't play with dumba$$ americans. However I do like CS : Source but I am not playing it much until they sorted out the hitboxes, give us more skins rather than the same two and they also give us some of the classic maps which they have left out.
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:59
Regular
Errrrrrrr never said there wasn't....

Once again you get paranoid and try and make out that people seem to think that Live is cooler than Pc gaming. Where do you get this paranoia from?

What was meant by the previous post was that I suck with mouse and keyboard and I dislike using them. So trying to find a decent server and play against freaks online was pretty damn difficult. I'm still yet to find a decent keyboard set-up that means I can use all the actions I want as well as using the mouse at the same time.

At least on Xbox everyone's on a level pegging hardware wise. But anyway I'm not gonna argue this with you, my 'uber cool and laid back self' is off out.
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:55
Regular
Emotional? Riiiiiight... What would this be opposed to? Your uber cool and laid back replies.

I think you will find there are loads of 24/7 geeks on LIVE as well, better not tell the missus though, don't want to taint the relationship...
Tue 23/11/04 at 19:50
Regular
You get so emotional about these things, it's quite amusing to watch really.

I didn't like the PC version of Counterstrike. I suck with PC's so finding a decent server and beating the freaks online who play 247 was practically impossible. I don't like mouse and keyboard, say what you will about it being more accurate, but I personally don't like it.

Xbox I just chucked in the disk and off I went.

It was just a hell of a lot better IMO.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.