GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BORING!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Mon 22/11/04 at 18:46
Regular
Halo 2 single player is so insanely boring after a while.

It's a lot like the first game really. It starts out well but about half way through I loose the will to play and it just gets tedious.

I can't even bring myself to complete the game as it's just so sodding dull. The first bunch of levels were cool but it's all the freaking same after a while. I swear if I have to face another level of shooting crappy enemies in insanely dull enviroments then I'm gonna rip my eyes out and feed them to my goldfish.

It's just rubbish!

Online though it plays like a dream...an extremely nerdy dream, but a dream all the same.
Thu 25/11/04 at 19:54
Regular
I haven't even played the online game yet, just been playing through the single player.

I have to admit I am finding it less than amazing, I did expect more. But I enjoy the storyline and will finish it just to see what happens next.

Played it for hours at a mates on 4 player, it's frickin excellent with all the new vehicles like the wraith, banshee etc, I'm sure online it's fantastic, just haven't had the time to spend over the past 2 weeks.

With that and San Andreas, it is a good time for gaming at the mo'.
Thu 25/11/04 at 12:55
Regular
I'm a Geek... I have a social life, friends, drinking problem as well... but i'm still a geek.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Wed 24/11/04 at 21:44
Regular
Neither do I, I play games for fun.

I'm not sticking up for anyone though, I have called plenty of people, individuals, not sort of classed them all into one group because they play certain games.

Plus I don't have an issue with you in the way you seem to think so. It seems to be the other way round but hey that is a different story.
Wed 24/11/04 at 19:12
Regular
Right screw this, decided to change my post so if you replied to the last one.....whoops!

Anyway. Alistair, dude, what you don't seem to grasp here is I don't tend to consider my enjoyment of games particualry nerdy. Sure there's people out there who would, but who cares? I'm me and I'm happy with my life. I've got a fit girlfriend, a job that for once in my life I actually enjoy and well, life is just damn peachy right now.

Sure I play games in my spare time a bit (nowhere near the extent that we used to play them last year, now that was f**king nerdy!) but it's something I enjoy and I don't consider myself to be anyless of a person for doing it.

I'm still trying to understand why you're suddenly sticking up for the obease masses that you tend to find online, but what the hey, that's your perogative. Are you trying to tell me though that you never called the American guy on the other end of a Live mic a nerd when he shouted mum insults at you for killing him?

Hey we've all done it countless times, so chill out man.

Anyway enough of this stupid argument, I'm gonna get back to my 'laid back uber cool self' :D and you get back to ummmm fighting for the rights of the fat Americans maybe? :D

Maybe you could get some T-Shirts printed up, how about the slogan "Fat American geeks are people too!"?

:D
Wed 24/11/04 at 18:58
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> This is all either a case of some deep set paranoia within you about
> the possiblity that you might be a nerd, or just a case of clutching
> at straws because you know you're talking out your anal gland.

Oh please you're pathetic, bordering on embarassing. You are as much a nerd as anyone on here.

You play LIVE as much if not more than anyone else from here and your 'geek and 'nerd' comments are tiring to read.

You don't even know the people you are throwing these random statements at.
Wed 24/11/04 at 18:19
Regular
So now you're saying that me saying there are geeks in online gaming who play 24/7 means that I think PC gamers are all geeks? Paranoid much...

So what you're telling me is that there aren't any online gamers who play far too much, it's all just a myth and you find it amusing that I could make such a sweeping statement without getting to know them better?

This is all either a case of some deep set paranoia within you about the possiblity that you might be a nerd, or just a case of clutching at straws because you know you're talking out your anal gland.

Either way I just suggest you don't bother replying in the future, the crapness has got to stop somewhere.
Wed 24/11/04 at 18:01
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Oh and please refer me to a post in the last few months where I've
> said PC gamers are geeks, I'd love for you to point one out for me.

You refer to loads of people who you don't even know as 'geeks' and 24/7 freaks etc...

It is quite amusing really.
Wed 24/11/04 at 16:14
Regular
"BOO YA!"
halo 2's singleplayer heh, well it is a bit of a let down but still multiplayer makes up for it ten fold. and think , at least we dont have to put up with killlzone, just got my copy early and well pah to it . halo2's levels are like masterpieses compared to the endless fields and indoor sraphouses
Wed 24/11/04 at 15:06
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> You seem so intent to get the point over that you have a life; PC
> gamers are geeks and blah blah blah...

I talk about my personal life no more than anyone else on the site, infact a hell of a lot less in most cases. Though I'm sorry, I had no idea talk of the outside world offended you geeks so much*

Oh and please refer me to a post in the last few months where I've said PC gamers are geeks, I'd love for you to point one out for me.

*It's only a joke, don't take it personally for funk sake
Wed 24/11/04 at 12:31
Regular
The level design is on a par with the original only there are a hell of a lot less 'set pieces' than there were in the original and instead you are left with a pretty average FPS throughout rather than a good FPS with some excellent set pieces.

I haven't enjoyed Halo 2 half as much as I enjoyed the original yet with Half-Life 2 (the first few hours) that is I can't wait to get back to it. So before anyone says anything about the number of times I played the original, it was a similar tale for Half-Life.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.