GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/09/04 at 18:28
Regular
Apart from being against the law, why can't I kill someone?

I'm just interested in the answers.
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:52
Regular
Grix, you mention killing Rapists and peadophiles, but why bother? Killing them would just give them an easy ride ticket to leave the planet.

Imagine it this way, if you just found out your sister/mother/girlfriend or whatever had just been raped, you found the rapist and just killed them. What good would that do? Yes, you ridded the planet of the rapist, but think how many peoples life's you have just affected in the process.

The victim will never ever get justice for what has happened to them.
Previous victims will never find out if they could of got justice.

Which gives them the weight on their shoulders for the rest of their lifes.

The rapist in this case has done his/her deed and left the planet without having to suffer for his actions.
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I know how it developed into a law if it helped you. If you killed somebody you were a sinner and would go to the depths of hell for all eternity.

Whatever, you just can't. So there.
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:50
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
This is surprisingly hard.

I think you could probably argue that killing someone to get them off the planet is actually allowed, you just have to look at how often countries go to war to stop 'evil' men. They're deliberately setting out to capture/kill the enemy and their supporters with no lawful implications, yet to go and kill the local scumbag would get you in trouble, despite essentially being the same thing on a much smaller scale, which raises the question of double standards in when killing is and isn't allowed.
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:43
Regular
Aye, we've estabilished being haunted by what you've done if you kill at random, or for little reason, but not for killing with 'good' reason, killing to rid them off the planet, not for material worth or gain?
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The law is not the only reason people don't kill at random. It's a human errrrm moral if you wish. There is a deterant build in you to stop you murdering people at random, well the vast majority of you.

i.e A mugger pulls out a knife and asks for your wallet.

Now, why don't they just kill you and take your wallet? Being caught plays a part but they probably don't want to actually kill someone for cash.

Anyone with some form of compassion can put themselve in the position of family/friends etc
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:27
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> You're answer lies in why it is illegal in the first place o' Welsh
> one.

I'm assuming it's illegal because of the fear of being killed, or that we shouldn't trust our own judgement?
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:26
Regular
You mean the law reduces our paranoia? Fair enough, that's why we have it, I can understand that, and that's why I mentioned it to begin with, and I don't particularly want to argue over the apparent chaos we would live in. You never know, making it legal to kill could help prevent certain crimes, could stop scammers, and put fear and doubt into those who wish to cheat to advance their lives, everything is in balance.

But as I said, that's not the point, as we're ignoring the law.

You see, the only real reason I can see for not killing someone is because it's selfish. But even selfishness deserves judgement, understanding. If after doubting my judgement, I can then go on to fully believe I am right to kill someone, what is the reason why I shouldn't?
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You're answer lies in why it is illegal in the first place o' Welsh one.
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:23
Regular
"Insert Gently"
I've heard the Bible is very against it, for more ask...God
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:21
Regular
"\\"
I suppose really it's not bad. We're all going to die, and once we have done so, we won't remember anything. So it won't bother anyone for too long (atleast until they die anyway).

Hmm.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.