GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NFL Season starts again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/09/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anyone catch the Colts vs Patriots game to kick off the start of the 85th NFL season? Was a great way to start the season and i hope all the games are as entertaining. Was in a strange situation where i couldn't care who actually won this as i find New England to be horribly boring and Ty Law to be very annoying (he takes arrogance to a whole new level, he makes Jose Mourinho look like the most modest man in the world) and Indianapolis aren't much better with Peyton 'Most over-hyped player ever' Manning leading the charge.

Was good to hear the greatest commentating duo in all of sports Al Michaels and the legend John Madden back once again, no one can beat them.

But anyway the game, few interceptions thrown by Manning showing just how average he is and proving once more New England is not his favourite place (Vick and McNabb are far better) and Ty Law spending most of the game on the bench and when he did come on he got schooled by Marvin Harrison (and why Manning wasn't throwing to him more often i've no idea, he's your best reciever you muppet, use him) Great ending as well with McGuinness sacking him and leaving VanDerJagt with a hard field goal which he missed when he should have only had about a 35 yard attempt to knock threw the sticks.

Bring on the rest of the season
Page:
Sat 23/10/04 at 13:41
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Except the play stops when the knee/shoulder hits the ground. So meh
> to that idea. You still have oh so much to learn, munn.

Sure about that?
If a player dives, the play doesn't stop until an opposing player touches him.
Hence why I watched someone perform a diving catch, land on the ground, pick himself up and run for a touchdown before any player got to him.
Sat 23/10/04 at 03:09
Regular
"The Red Shift"
post post

(double post)
Sat 23/10/04 at 03:08
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I don't support a team myself, but American Football is always a welcomed sport for me.

I have a mate who's a Raiders fan...

Oh how I laugh.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHA

Personally I just like to see Hail Marys every play, but unfortunately I expect this year will be a similarly disappointing SuperBowl with the Patriots romping on towards another ruthlessly defensive victory. The Greeks of America if you will.
Fri 22/10/04 at 20:15
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
t'Azul wrote:
> AJ - wasn't there something about the Claymores being scrapped for now
> and is being replaced by another team which should provide a larger
> revenue?

Yeah, Claymores have been disbanded, because NFL Deutschland is a far more attractive prospect than NFL Europe, apparently. Just watch, the Amsterdam Admirals will be gone next, and then we'll have 6 German teams, which of course will be great for NFL Europe.

Fri 22/10/04 at 20:06
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ooooh he's gone to the Seattle? My spiritual home?

Well happy with that, one of the greatest receivers of all time joining the Seahawks? Have it!!!

Ah well least you're average age of the team will drop to about 38 now :-D
Fri 22/10/04 at 20:05
Regular
AJ - wasn't there something about the Claymores being scrapped for now and is being replaced by another team which should provide a larger revenue?
Fri 22/10/04 at 20:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7807508[/URL]

Hmmm, just seen this, and I have to say I'm very disappointed. Despite the fact he's getting on a bit, Rice is easily still our best receiver - Collins was just too stupid to realise that and didn't throw to him. No Gannon, Brown (Bucs now) and Rice for the remainder of this season? Pfft, Raiders have no chance.
Fri 22/10/04 at 19:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
There was a Miami game this season i think where it was really pouring down, the Water Bowl they called it. Can't remember who they played though
Fri 22/10/04 at 19:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The Bears match a few seasons ago in the fog wasn't too bad either. Apart from the fact that you couldn't see any of the players...
Fri 22/10/04 at 19:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If you want snowy conditions check out the Packers vs Cowboys i think it was game back in 2000 otherwise known as the Ice Bowl. Now that's what you call extreme conditions.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.