GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NFL Season starts again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/09/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anyone catch the Colts vs Patriots game to kick off the start of the 85th NFL season? Was a great way to start the season and i hope all the games are as entertaining. Was in a strange situation where i couldn't care who actually won this as i find New England to be horribly boring and Ty Law to be very annoying (he takes arrogance to a whole new level, he makes Jose Mourinho look like the most modest man in the world) and Indianapolis aren't much better with Peyton 'Most over-hyped player ever' Manning leading the charge.

Was good to hear the greatest commentating duo in all of sports Al Michaels and the legend John Madden back once again, no one can beat them.

But anyway the game, few interceptions thrown by Manning showing just how average he is and proving once more New England is not his favourite place (Vick and McNabb are far better) and Ty Law spending most of the game on the bench and when he did come on he got schooled by Marvin Harrison (and why Manning wasn't throwing to him more often i've no idea, he's your best reciever you muppet, use him) Great ending as well with McGuinness sacking him and leaving VanDerJagt with a hard field goal which he missed when he should have only had about a 35 yard attempt to knock threw the sticks.

Bring on the rest of the season
Page:
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:59
Regular
But a rubbish team v rubbish team = good game
Because they are so crap tehre's loads of sacks/fumbles/interceptions

True story.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:55
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Raiders are rubbish though.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:30
Regular
Wouldn't you prefer the Raiders to be there?
How about the Jets for the AFC?
Mon 25/10/04 at 20:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Personally, I want to see the Eagles get there, because they've been denied at the final hurdle the three previous years, and it would be great if they could go all the way this time. Plus it would make djerrud happy.

In the AFC I'm not quite sure who I'm wanting to get there just now. I don't think the Jaguars are a strong enough team to be considered for Superbowl contention yet, although they may make the playoffs, and I suppose anything can happen from there, but I just don't see them going any further than the first playoff stage. The Colts are a great offensive side when Manning is in form, which is most of the time, and Titans are always a good team, but they've just had a terrible start to this new campaign. Jets are a good team, but the chances of seeing them in the Superbowl are also low, as I don't believe they're the complete package yet. Other than that, I can't think of many other AFC sides who actually have much of a chance - the Broncos and the Steelers are good, but I don't think either of them will hold out for the whole season. Defensively the Ravens are strong, but a terrible QB-WR link up means they won't be able to score enough against a run defense.

Right now, I'd say Eagles for the NFC Championship, although the Rams are very inconsistent. They can be one of the best teams in the NFL when the offense plays well, but they can be let down by a bad defense sometimes, as losing to Miami strongly suggests. Other than them, there's the Vikings who are looking strong, and that's about it. Lions are playing well, as are the Falcons (although 56-10 makes me laugh and also think that they might not be playing so well from now on), but the NFC doesn't really have all that much to challenge Philly properly.

Eagles - Colts Superbowl is what AJ wants.
Mon 25/10/04 at 20:10
Regular
Well, it would depend, the Patriots would have a tough time dealing with the Eagles, and anyone who claims the superbowl in January/February wasn't good, is silly.

It rocked.

But I'd love to see someone other than the Pats in the superbowl, yes.
Possibly the Jaguars or the Jets.

And I'd prefer to see the Seahawks play than the Eagles.

Wonder why.
Mon 25/10/04 at 19:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
i'munn wrote:
> Eagles versus Patriots superbowl is going to happen.
> And it will rock.
> A lot.

I don't think it would if it was the Superbowl, because the Patriots are such a boring team. I seriously think they go out of their way to depress viewers rather than play good football. Yeah, Brady can produce some great stuff, but other than that they're a team who puts a lot of emphasis on completely shutting out their opponents, and that style of American football just doesn't appeal to me. I love watching the Eagles, though, as McNabb and Owens make a great pairing, while Westbrook has been a lot better than I was expecting. So hopefully they'll get to the Superbowl.

Chances are, though, that despite these two teams on such hot streaks just now, they won't meet in the Superbowl. It's a rarity to see a Superbowl consisting of two teams who have been predicted to get there earlier in the season - only in the playoffs do teams really start to play to their full potential and show what they can do. And I hope someone in the AFC can seriously start playing after the end of the regular season, and deal with those mofo Patriots.
Mon 25/10/04 at 19:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
That's what i love about this sport, there's at least 10 teams out there that could win it all instead of just 2-3. But it'll probably be either the Eagles (yay) or the Patriots (booooooooo)
Mon 25/10/04 at 18:28
Regular
I guess that's true.
It's not like Scottish football where Celtic and Rangers dominate season after season.

Boo.

Because the Cardinals won last night I'm supporting the Red Sox in the World Series. True story.
Eagles versus Patriots superbowl is going to happen.
And it will rock.
A lot.
Mon 25/10/04 at 17:19
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Teams like Cardinals, Bears, Bengals and Raiders are teams that will be really rubbish for the majority of the season, but will always get 4 or 5 wins, because there's not actually a real gulf in class between all the teams, and because only the Patriots and the Eagles can right now beat anyone. So even the worst teams can pick up wins at home against some of the league's middle-class teams.
Mon 25/10/04 at 16:22
Regular
But, apart from a defensive lapse against the Rams in the 4th quarter, and the inevitable loss against the Patriots, they've been playing great.

How do they manage to lose against the Cardinals?

Terrell Owens was a good choice too. 2 TD's and 150 yards or so.

But it hates me, I've picked McNabb as my quarterback every week, but I decided to switch to Culpepper as he was on fire, and then McNabb goes and throws 4 touchdowns and a lot of yards.

:(
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.