GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guildwars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Guild Wars'.
Fri 18/03/05 at 16:39
Regular
"Captain to you."
I was just wondering have any of you played this game? or were part of the beta? I have been looking at it and it looks quite good but i want to try it out before i purchase it.

Would like to hear back from people who have played it and not just loads of people going wah wah wah i don't like it, it sucks when they have't played the game.

whats the gameplay like is it worth buying?
Sat 14/05/05 at 00:44
Regular
"Captain to you."
Oh by the way, it is possible to change your secondary profession but i have only found one place and that is in the desert which means you are about level 20 anyway, but i changed mine after not using one mesmer skill, to monk and know i have infinate resurrections. :D
Sat 14/05/05 at 00:05
Regular
"And some more !"
hey guys i am really concidering to buy this game coz i love rpgs and this is online and FREE. i just wanted to know if anyone has played this on a dialup conncetion because thats the most i can have because my line is not compatible with broadband yet. Curse BT!!

Also i am using AOL will it work on that?

Also if you play this game online does it affect the speed of your internet conncetion because when i played diablo 2, my family thought the internet became slow. SO i just wanted to know if it would affect it. Also does it affect the computer speed?

And lastly is it true that your only allowed up until level 20 or so and then you have to buy an expansion because i dont mine buying the expansion every 3-6 months but stopping you to reach over level 20 is annoying.

Thanks guys,

if the answers are positive im off to buy this tommorrow!
Fri 13/05/05 at 16:13
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Hedfix wrote:
> This looks good.
>
> What are the minimum specs?

P3 800Mhz+ or equiv, 256 Ram, 2GB HDD SPace, Ati 8500+/GF3+/4MX+ 32MB Video Ram, DX9b, 16Bit SOund & 56k modem.
Fri 13/05/05 at 11:30
Regular
"8==="
This looks good.

What are the minimum specs?
Fri 13/05/05 at 08:50
"The Will of D."
So far i don't have a guild but I've just been strolling through beating up every enemy that wants a piece of me using my smighting prayers like retribution and bane signet, and sword skills like Sever Artery. I've level 7 and I have been given an invitation to join the ig nasty bashers guild but I have no idea where to go in ascalon city to join any guild.
Thu 12/05/05 at 16:22
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Chippxero wrote:
> Anyone wanna add me to their friends list in game,
>
> Characters:
>
> Chipp xero
> Rathcore The Mighty

Currently strolling through the game causally.

Character: Jadsia Duran (lvl 10 N/R w/pet cat Gaspode)
Guild: Sooth Slayers [EVO]
Thu 12/05/05 at 15:17
Regular
"Captain to you."
Anyone wanna add me to their friends list in game,

Characters:

Chipp xero
Rathcore The Mighty
Wed 11/05/05 at 23:13
"The Will of D."
Picked this up last week and been playing it on and off for a few days, so far i'm a Warrior Monk that isn't afraid to use my smigthing prayers to kick the butt of 5 raider bandits all at once and survive, even though I'm only level 5 I can just beat them using my healing signet evey chance i get, and Retribution can certainly turn the tides in battle when they hurt you coz they get a 3rd of that damage right back at them everytime they hit me.
Mon 09/05/05 at 18:53
Regular
Chippxero wrote:
> I plan on playing it through with a few differnet characters when i
> finish it.

Ah OK...meet you there then :D

> You do know you can't HAX in this game like CSS :P (havn't see you
> online in ages)

Lol...I don't hax :P Yeah I've actually gone back to 1.6...the hitboxes and random headshots annoyed me too much :) I'll probably go back on for a bit when de_inferno is released.
Mon 09/05/05 at 18:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
I plan on playing it through with a few differnet characters when i finish it.

You do know you can't HAX in this game like CSS :P (havn't see you online in ages)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.