GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guildwars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Guild Wars'.
Fri 18/03/05 at 16:39
Regular
"Captain to you."
I was just wondering have any of you played this game? or were part of the beta? I have been looking at it and it looks quite good but i want to try it out before i purchase it.

Would like to hear back from people who have played it and not just loads of people going wah wah wah i don't like it, it sucks when they have't played the game.

whats the gameplay like is it worth buying?
Sat 21/05/05 at 06:44
Regular
"Captain to you."
Thats what i made for my first character and i regretted it i never used my mesmer skills, once your 3/4 through the game you can take missions to change your secondary skill, i changed mine to Monk so that i had infinate resurrects as when your grouping with humans it comes in very handy.

My second character is a monk/warrior i have gone for total healing but i have maxed that out now so i am going to do swordmanship from my warrior side and i should be pretty tough as i can keep myself alive for ages.

If you get suck with crappy groups and need a hand on any missions whisper me .

Necro/monk: Chipp xero
Monk/warrior: A Wang
Sat 21/05/05 at 06:26
"For the horde!!!!"
I got the game finaly yesterday and it's good so far, I havn't grouped yet but it feels more like a single player game in the missions. I made a necro/mesmer.
Fri 20/05/05 at 16:55
Regular
"Captain to you."
Wow thats more than i had hoped for, even just the small updates have been pretty damn good.

When i played through with my second character i really noticed all the changes, creatures in new areas improved quests and just little things like parts of towns being added.
Fri 20/05/05 at 16:09
Regular
You guys see the new world that they revealed for Guild Wars at E3? It's called Sorrow's Furnace and it will be free for everyone who owns the game...I'll definitely be buying this game :)
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:53
Regular
"Captain to you."
But you can customise the pc version just like any FPS making it very easy to control if you normally play FPS games.
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:03
"The Will of D."
I have played both actually, but the Xbox version I haven't got myself, my cousin's do and last time I was playing it moving around was a lot smoother with a control stick than a mouse and movement cursor, basically unlike with a keyboard console controls are nearer at hand to use.
Thu 19/05/05 at 01:50
Regular
"Captain to you."
I have never seen it work well from console to PC, game looks poo from what i have seen of it and i can't imagine it will be improved much for the convertion.

"Morrowind being converted to the Xbox and being easier to control than on the PC"

was that just an pretend example? or do you really think it is easier to control on the Xbox?

It's a First person RPG nothing can beat Keyboard and mouse for First person games.
Wed 18/05/05 at 20:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No, Sudeki got crap reviews.
Wed 18/05/05 at 20:36
"The Will of D."
Yeah that can be a let down for some games, and if the roles were reversed (like for Morrowind being converted to the Xbox and being easier to control than on the PC) then it can sometimes work. It is a conversion of the Xbox version released last year and had lots of great reveiws too, but I will leave it at mo coz of piling up college work becoming too much for spare time.
Tue 17/05/05 at 18:41
Regular
"Captain to you."
Yeah but i have it sitting on my shelf right now anyway waiting for me to install.

whispering to me 'go on try it, no-ne has to know, you might like it, go on everyone else is doing it'.

Sudeki: isn't that a xbox game? i don't know as idon't keep uup with consoles but i am sure my tutor said somethign about playing a game called that, i assume it's ok but if it's a console converstion of a rpg i don't have high expectations for it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.