GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guildwars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Guild Wars'.
Fri 18/03/05 at 16:39
Regular
"Captain to you."
I was just wondering have any of you played this game? or were part of the beta? I have been looking at it and it looks quite good but i want to try it out before i purchase it.

Would like to hear back from people who have played it and not just loads of people going wah wah wah i don't like it, it sucks when they have't played the game.

whats the gameplay like is it worth buying?
Tue 22/03/05 at 17:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Cycloon wrote:
> I'm quite happy (read: additcted) with WoW. £8.99 is it?
>
> Meh.

Yep, I'd rather pay a fixed monthly payment instead of being forced to pay separate charges for expansion packs that only reward those who part with their cash, while leaving the rest the fester without the added features that really should have been in the game to begin with.

That whole, paying real money for fictional items isn't new though, PCGamer has a review of a MMORPG that doesn't have a monthly subscription, but instead uses a system whereby you have to pay real money to get items in game. Make money in the game, and you'll be able to covert it back into real money, but it'd still cost more to play than what I'm spending on WoW.
Tue 22/03/05 at 16:07
Regular
Basically everyone on the mod team I'm in play it... seem to love it as well, gets them addicted each beta weekend :(
Tue 22/03/05 at 15:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm quite happy (read: additcted) with WoW. £8.99 is it?

Meh.
Tue 22/03/05 at 14:34
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Just thought I'd pop this topic to post a link to the PCGamer forums, where a thread goes more in depth about the kind of billing system the game will use. Oh dear: [URL]http://forum.pcgamer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=62697[/URL]
Fri 18/03/05 at 18:54
Regular
"Captain to you."
Lipe wrote:
> [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=112288&forumid=422[/URL]
>
> Quite a lot of feedback from the users on here in that thread.

Thx for the link lipe, i should have looked through the archives really. need a search engine for the site.

Infact i'm going to go ask for ne
Fri 18/03/05 at 17:18
Regular
[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=112288&forumid=422[/URL]

Quite a lot of feedback from the users on here in that thread.
Fri 18/03/05 at 17:17
Regular
It's the MMORPG with no Monthly sub, isn't it?

Sounds interesting..
Fri 18/03/05 at 17:04
Regular
"Captain to you."
Well my housemate has just told me he's going to buy it so i can have one of his friend keys and try it out for a short period of time, if it's good i will get it. i just like the idea of a MMORPG that i can just play when ever and not have to think about when i should play it.

I have had WoW for a while but don't want to start off my 30 days as over the next month i am going to be really busy with my dissertation adn finishing uni in general.

But guildwars i will just be able to play whenever
Fri 18/03/05 at 16:53
Regular
I found it quite entertaining actually, and it surprised me. Mind you, that was only over about a 3 day period, so I don't know what it's like in the long run.
Fri 18/03/05 at 16:39
Regular
"Captain to you."
I was just wondering have any of you played this game? or were part of the beta? I have been looking at it and it looks quite good but i want to try it out before i purchase it.

Would like to hear back from people who have played it and not just loads of people going wah wah wah i don't like it, it sucks when they have't played the game.

whats the gameplay like is it worth buying?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.