GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guildwars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Guild Wars'.
Fri 18/03/05 at 16:39
Regular
"Captain to you."
I was just wondering have any of you played this game? or were part of the beta? I have been looking at it and it looks quite good but i want to try it out before i purchase it.

Would like to hear back from people who have played it and not just loads of people going wah wah wah i don't like it, it sucks when they have't played the game.

whats the gameplay like is it worth buying?
Tue 24/05/05 at 22:34
"For the horde!!!!"
It feels a lot like a single player game so far with all the hunting places being instant and private but it's worth £20 and without a subscrption fee it's like a platinum PS2 game but with a lot more content and other players to chat and group with.
Tue 24/05/05 at 20:16
Regular
"8==="
Chippxero wrote:
> Yep still free, and in a month or so they are adding 2 new areas for
> free too :D, join us.

Sounds good.
Tue 24/05/05 at 12:58
Regular
"Captain to you."
Nope max level is still 20, but as a person who doesnt play games through again and again i am on my third time through, it's a good game and for about £20 well worth getting even if you just play it now and again.

My first week i did 50 hours :( too much time on my hands i think, it's a good game, not overly good but that could all change when more is added.
Tue 24/05/05 at 12:43
Regular
Is it overly good or just good.
Or has its moments..?

I have next week off and I need stuff to do. Have they got rid of the level 20 thing?
Tue 24/05/05 at 12:09
Regular
"Captain to you."
Yep still free, and in a month or so they are adding 2 new areas for free too :D, join us.
Tue 24/05/05 at 07:31
Regular
"8==="
This is still free, right?
Tue 24/05/05 at 07:20
"For the horde!!!!"
Chippxero wrote:
> I am thinking about starting a elementalist for the energy and then
> maxing out my secondary in necro or monk so i have lots of casts of
> each spell.

Sounds cool, i'm going to choose necromancer as my secondary so I can heal myself and deal damage to the enemy at the same time.
Mon 23/05/05 at 22:48
Regular
"Captain to you."
Yeah i only take human groups for main missions never for quests, NPC helpers are ok for the quests but some missions are just impossible with them and its a good point about the game as it help people to meet up and chat a bit.

Of course it's also a bit of a bad point as i keep getting complete muppets that don't understand 'don't attack that, they will kill us all' and time after time kicking people from groups and getting another one that doesn't listern.

The one thing i would like is for the european districts to be broken up as loads of people are speaking german or french and it just floods the chat, i want an english only speaking server, just to stop misunderstandings.

I am thinking about starting a elementalist for the energy and then maxing out my secondary in necro or monk so i have lots of casts of each spell.
Mon 23/05/05 at 07:50
Regular
"I like girls!"
Yo guys the game is awesome and if you want to talk more in detail add me on msn at [email protected]. c yall
Mon 23/05/05 at 07:15
"For the horde!!!!"
Yeah i've made an Elementalist now but I only made him yesterday and he seems good so far, I don't know what secondary to have but i'm more of a soloer.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.