GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/04/04 at 10:21
Regular
Anyone see this last night?

I've been meaning to see it for ages but never got the chance, luckily it was shown on C4 last night, and I have to say it's amazing. The subtitles didn't bother me at all, if anything improved the film as I really don't think dubbed American accents would do it much good.

Fight scenes were brilliant, up there with the best of them, without being dragged out to point of severe boredom *cough*Reloaded*cough*. Easily one of the best films I've ever seen.

In contrast, afterwards I saw Mr. Nice Guy, one of the worst films I've ever seen. How is it possible to use so much slow motion and blurring effects?
Tue 06/04/04 at 23:26
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Isn't this that stupid movie where they float up onto tree tops and start fighting?
Tue 06/04/04 at 23:27
Regular
yes it is, I suppose you're not a fan :)
Tue 06/04/04 at 23:35
Regular
I'm clearly fighting a losing battle here. Never mind. You all carry on mocking the floaty treetop bits.
Tue 06/04/04 at 23:40
Regular
it looked good but I'd seen far better in other HK and mainland China movies and series. I like the style it's unique :)
Tue 06/04/04 at 23:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You're trying to convince people of CTHD & Hero when they cite "The One" as a "good Jet Li movie".
I'm only surprised they haven't offered up Lethal Weapon "cos Jet does kick-fu!!!!eleven"

Quietly enjoy Hero and, come August, I'll sit back and watch topics flood here before popping mine from mid-October last year.
You're on a losing battle here Stryke.
Tue 06/04/04 at 23:51
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yeah, but Stryke likes Buffy.
Tue 06/04/04 at 23:55
Regular
Well stryke, it's good to have opinions. Except in this case when you're clearly wrong
Tue 06/04/04 at 23:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And gay hobbit love films.

I forgot about that.
Tue 06/04/04 at 23:57
Regular
"^_^"
Samwise - Frodo, i took your ring, put my finger in it...
Frodo - Its my ring... my precious!
Tue 06/04/04 at 23:59
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm torn on this one. When I first saw it I loved it. Since then I've decided I don't quite like the fantasy stuff so much. And now I don't know. I've been looking forward to Hero, it sounds pretty good.

As for Lost In Translation though, boring. I got told I didn't get it by some wannabe film critic. But the joke was on him, he didn't get it, the way Bill Murray is laughing all the way to the bank because people paid money to go see him talk to someone in a bar. I do that for free.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.