GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/04/04 at 10:21
Regular
Anyone see this last night?

I've been meaning to see it for ages but never got the chance, luckily it was shown on C4 last night, and I have to say it's amazing. The subtitles didn't bother me at all, if anything improved the film as I really don't think dubbed American accents would do it much good.

Fight scenes were brilliant, up there with the best of them, without being dragged out to point of severe boredom *cough*Reloaded*cough*. Easily one of the best films I've ever seen.

In contrast, afterwards I saw Mr. Nice Guy, one of the worst films I've ever seen. How is it possible to use so much slow motion and blurring effects?
Mon 05/04/04 at 16:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Ashman wrote:
> [URL]http://www.channel4.co.uk/film/newsfeatures/microsites/G/greatest/results/control.jsp?resultspage=11[/URL]
>
> 18th Best All Time Film is a complete joke.

Damn, get over it. I certainly wouldn't have put star wars at number one. Its entertaining, but in no way the "greatest" movie ever.

[edit]Not meaning to be nasty, but you either like it or you don't.
Mon 05/04/04 at 16:06
Regular
"accidental superher"
i liked crouching tiger hidden dragon. but i decided to watch good will hunting instead last night...now that is an excellent film!
Mon 05/04/04 at 16:22
Regular
I didn't really mind how slow-paced it was. I can see why people wouldn't llike it, but personally I loved it. Bar the over-the-top flying, the fight scenes were amazing, especially the massive fight nearing the end.

It certainly isn't the best film ever, but not far off. I'm not really bothered where it was made, that makes no difference to my enjoyment of it ata all, it was just so beautifully pieced together with enough action to keep me interested (albeit, not enough for some).

Oh, and which Jet Li films would you recommend? I've heard of them, but never bothered to really take a look.
Mon 05/04/04 at 16:37
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> it was just so beautifully pieced together
> with enough action to keep me interested (albeit, not enough for
> some).

It wasn't that, it was just how the story seemed to be told entirely through characters sitting down and talking to each other.
Mon 05/04/04 at 16:57
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Oh, and which Jet Li films would you recommend? I've heard of them,
> but never bothered to really take a look.

Just steer clear of the One an you'll be alright...
Mon 05/04/04 at 17:17
Regular
The Legend 2 was good, but that's the only Jet Li film I've seen...
Mon 05/04/04 at 18:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Rickoss wrote:
> Bar the over-the-top
> flying, the fight scenes were amazing, especially the massive fight
> nearing the end.
-----

Yeah, bloody classical Chinese mythology being employed in their movies eh?
Tsk tsk. A couple of apes in the cinema when I watched it were "Flying? Wot, Superchink?". These were the same two that said "Oh christ, subtitles".

Jet Li movies and Ang Lee movies are a world apart.
Except for "Hero/Nameless", which is an excellent Jet Li movie. But that has loads of flying and "over-the-top" stuff, so steer clear.
Mon 05/04/04 at 19:04
Regular
Come on Goatboy, they were running on air.

It looked silly.
Mon 05/04/04 at 19:10
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
>
>
> Oh, and which Jet Li films would you recommend? I've heard of them,
> but never bothered to really take a look.

Romeo Must Die
Mon 05/04/04 at 19:49
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> ".
>
> Jet Li movies and Ang Lee movies are a world apart.
> Except for "Hero/Nameless", which is an excellent Jet Li
> movie. But that has loads of flying and "over-the-top"
> stuff, so steer clear.

--

Empire has a feature on Hero this month, it's getting a UK release this August. As much as I love CTHD, I reckon Hero is the best martial arts film I've ever seen. Nameless/Broken Sword - beautiful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.