GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/04/04 at 10:21
Regular
Anyone see this last night?

I've been meaning to see it for ages but never got the chance, luckily it was shown on C4 last night, and I have to say it's amazing. The subtitles didn't bother me at all, if anything improved the film as I really don't think dubbed American accents would do it much good.

Fight scenes were brilliant, up there with the best of them, without being dragged out to point of severe boredom *cough*Reloaded*cough*. Easily one of the best films I've ever seen.

In contrast, afterwards I saw Mr. Nice Guy, one of the worst films I've ever seen. How is it possible to use so much slow motion and blurring effects?
Mon 05/04/04 at 10:21
Regular
Anyone see this last night?

I've been meaning to see it for ages but never got the chance, luckily it was shown on C4 last night, and I have to say it's amazing. The subtitles didn't bother me at all, if anything improved the film as I really don't think dubbed American accents would do it much good.

Fight scenes were brilliant, up there with the best of them, without being dragged out to point of severe boredom *cough*Reloaded*cough*. Easily one of the best films I've ever seen.

In contrast, afterwards I saw Mr. Nice Guy, one of the worst films I've ever seen. How is it possible to use so much slow motion and blurring effects?
Mon 05/04/04 at 12:10
Regular
When sky showed the film they showed the dubbed version.

It totally ruined the film and i found it impossible to take it seriously.
Mon 05/04/04 at 12:52
Regular
I didn't really enjoy CTHD as much as I was expecting to. I actually found it quite dull in places, though it's still an above average film.

Watched Good Will Hunting instead, which I preferred.
Mon 05/04/04 at 12:57
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Mav wrote:
> I didn't really enjoy CTHD as much as I was expecting to. I actually
> found it quite dull in places, though it's still an above average
> film.

I agree entirely, it was rather slow moving at points, and whilst the fight scenes were fantastic, the movie was let down all in all.
Mon 05/04/04 at 12:57
Regular
As much as I enjoyed Crouching Tiger, the film really does nothing that Asian cinema hasn't been doing for the past 20 or so years.

I urge you to check out some of the classic Jet Li films amongst others if you enjoyed Crouching Tiger.
Mon 05/04/04 at 13:29
Regular
this film is balls, it is average at best but thats being generous.

This film was the biggest case of film bods going:

"oh look a less developed country has made a reasonable effort at a movie, lets rave about it so we seem cultured and might encourage more movies from them"

Such an over rated film, this is one of those films which was much better dubbed as well, It was all chinese actors i seem to remember? I heard some of the actors who could spoke their own parts (Michelle Yeo, Chow yun ) but it might not be true.
Mon 05/04/04 at 13:33
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Ashley wrote:
> Such an over rated film, this is one of those films which was much
> better dubbed as well, It was all chinese actors i seem to remember?
> I heard some of the actors who could spoke their own parts (Michelle
> Yeo, Chow yun ) but it might not be true.

I personally always prefer subtitles if there is the choice. I loved the move too, as a romantic fantasy. It just looked beautiful. *shrugs*

[Edit] And I'm fairly sure its a joint american / tiawan / hong kong production.
Mon 05/04/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, I wasn't so enamoured with CT:HD - a bit dull, and the fight scenes weren't all that. The bit in the trees was quite good though.
Mon 05/04/04 at 14:10
Regular
i thought the whole film was immensely dull, and i must confess i couldn't really get my head around the flying. there were about 15 minutes of fights complete with comedy chinese noises when they are getting beaten.

the story line was pretty rubbish too.
Mon 05/04/04 at 15:45
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
[URL]http://www.channel4.co.uk/film/newsfeatures/microsites/G/greatest/results/control.jsp?resultspage=11[/URL]

18th Best All Time Film is a complete joke.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.