GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/04/04 at 10:21
Regular
Anyone see this last night?

I've been meaning to see it for ages but never got the chance, luckily it was shown on C4 last night, and I have to say it's amazing. The subtitles didn't bother me at all, if anything improved the film as I really don't think dubbed American accents would do it much good.

Fight scenes were brilliant, up there with the best of them, without being dragged out to point of severe boredom *cough*Reloaded*cough*. Easily one of the best films I've ever seen.

In contrast, afterwards I saw Mr. Nice Guy, one of the worst films I've ever seen. How is it possible to use so much slow motion and blurring effects?
Wed 07/04/04 at 22:27
Regular
The Lord of the Rings trilogy is probably the best series I've had the pleasure to watch. When Return of the King is released on DVD, I'll be snapping up the special edition DVD (which there inevitably will be), and then get the first to go with my Two Towers DVD, which strangely seems to have less features than the normal DVD (bar extra scenes), from what I've read.

Then I'll sit and waste a day of my life with gay, haiiry-footed Hobbit-ness.
Wed 07/04/04 at 19:15
Regular
I like the cheesy & sappy bits. Although I call them emotional. But I shall not embark on another pro-Buffy man rant. Because I've done it all before, and no-one believes me. I am shunned, which makes me cry and draw pictures of flowers and bunnies, and if there was a handy cross I would be on it. But there's not. Which, when you think about it, isn't really that surprising.
Wed 07/04/04 at 19:12
Regular
Buffy can be quite enjoyable. Plus, when the cheesy or sappy romantic bits come on you can just turn the sound down and gawp at all the lovely ladies ;-).
Wed 07/04/04 at 18:55
Regular
Ah, I can see why people mock me for them. But that's because they're primitive cave-dwellers who must hit each other with phallic clubs to feel manly. And they're probably closet anyway.
Wed 07/04/04 at 18:27
Regular
I don't see what's so bad about The Lord of the Rings or Buffy either.
Wed 07/04/04 at 18:22
Regular
Nothing wrong with gay hobbit love films and gay vampire love T.V shows. I feel persecuted.
Wed 07/04/04 at 11:54
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> As for Lost In Translation though, boring.

Agreed.

If having two characters sit around doing nothing for half the film is beautiful film making, then I'll stick to the gritty stuff.
Wed 07/04/04 at 11:00
Regular
Well I really enjoyed it, and thought it was a great film. The only real problem with the fighting was the flying, it would have been much better if they made out these people could 'jump very high', instead of actually flying. But I wasn't really bothered by any huge flaws.

May not be up there with the Usual Suspects, but meh, I loved every second of it, more so than Gladiator.
Wed 07/04/04 at 01:27
Regular
Unjust Hero wrote:
> Samwise - Frodo, i took your ring, put my finger in it...
> Frodo - Its my ring... my precious!

Notorious biggles said:

> i'm torn on this one!
Tue 06/04/04 at 23:59
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm torn on this one. When I first saw it I loved it. Since then I've decided I don't quite like the fantasy stuff so much. And now I don't know. I've been looking forward to Hero, it sounds pretty good.

As for Lost In Translation though, boring. I got told I didn't get it by some wannabe film critic. But the joke was on him, he didn't get it, the way Bill Murray is laughing all the way to the bank because people paid money to go see him talk to someone in a bar. I do that for free.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.