GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are you born gay or do you 'acquire' it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/03/04 at 23:32
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I heard two people talking about this the other night, and was wondering what you guys thought. Is being gay in your DNA, or is it 'acquired' through your life?

So yeh, enlighten me...
Page:
Fri 02/04/04 at 13:13
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
ßulle†† wrote:
>
> I'm left handed.
>

Me too. Just to add as well, it was once taught that it was "wrong" to be left-handed, not normal, and lefties were forced to use their right hand.
Fri 02/04/04 at 13:10
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Forest Fan wrote:
> I heard they have some sort of mental problem, so that would fit.

They dont have a mental problem as you put it, its not even conclusive evidence. They just prefer the same sex rather than the opposite, simple.
Fri 02/04/04 at 13:06
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Forest Fan wrote:
> I believe people have natural Homo-sexual feelings, which they should fight off.

Well, if it's true that being a homosexual is a "built-in" thing then how can it be considered a sin? I was under the impression that the Church was adamant that homosexuality was a conditioned thing and therefore easily avoidable.

If a person is born with "it" then they have no choice but to be attracted to member of the same sex.
Fri 02/04/04 at 09:58
Regular
Hugo Rune-Shanks wrote:
> monkey_man wrote:
> doesn't mean that there is an imbalance or anything
> sinister like that.
>
> Isn’t sinister Latin for left-handed?... and don't left-handed people
> brains develop slightly differently to their right handed
> brethren?... So your saying all left handed people are freakish gimps
> who should be drowned in their own excrement immediately!?

I'm left handed.

*looks worried*
Fri 02/04/04 at 09:56
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
monkey_man it is a well know scientific fact that homo-sexuals do think in a different way, I'm not calling them 'mad', but they are clearly different.
Fri 02/04/04 at 09:54
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
monkey_man wrote:
> doesn't mean that there is an imbalance or anything
> sinister like that.

Isn’t sinister Latin for left-handed?... and don't left-handed people brains develop slightly differently to their right handed brethren?... So your saying all left handed people are freakish gimps who should be drowned in their own excrement immediately!?
Fri 02/04/04 at 09:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Isn't it sea-horses that are A-sexual? They can change their sex if the population becomes too bias in one gender?

And to say it is a mental issue is highly insulting. If there is a part of the brain that causes someone to be gay, then it's only because there's a part of the brain that causes someone to be straight - doesn't mean that there is an imbalance or anything sinister like that.
Fri 02/04/04 at 09:23
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I believe people have natural Homo-sexual feelings, which they should fight off.
Fri 02/04/04 at 08:31
Regular
I personally believe it is purely hormonal choice.

Some people don't even know which way they're going to be until they're young adults or sometimes older.
Thu 01/04/04 at 09:36
Regular
"Remember me?"
It's the same with rabbits, as my rabbits were proud lesbians... chasing each other round the garden in full view of the neighbours, the horny beggars.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.