GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Self-harm: cutting."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/03/04 at 10:29
Regular
"Omnipresent"
My girlfriend recently asked me why I cut myself. I replied

"Because I have knowledge of things I cannot change."

It's quite profound, but that is why I cut myself. To let out anger. I don't cut deep, but enough to bleed. I sent my qoute to a self-harm website, to use on there front page but they ignored it. Shame, I really think it can help people understand why they are harming (cutting, burning etc) themselves.

Hopefully someone will find it useful.

James Matthew Lockwood.
Thu 25/03/04 at 19:47
Regular
I'm going to be one of those trenchcoat adorned bringers of death.

I mean, anyone still hooked into the system is potentially an agent, and therefore my enemy.

*cue propellerheads*
Thu 25/03/04 at 19:44
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Because it's fatalistic attention seeking, if he carries on the odds are it gets worse over time.
Thu 25/03/04 at 19:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
How do you work that one out?
Thu 25/03/04 at 19:38
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Well at least he's only harming himself...if he were in America he'd probably be one of these trenchcoat idiots and go on a shooting rampage...
Thu 25/03/04 at 19:32
"period drama"
I've pulled more profound things out from between my toes.

You're just trying to sound all mystical and intelligent.
About what?
About slicing yourself open.

Any spunkmonkey can see that's not clever, or mystical.
Or strong, or brave, or revealing hidden depths to your personality, or making you any more special than anyone else.

How about facing things head-on, rather than crawling into your little hole and bleeding whenever things get a little rough.
Have some guts.
Thu 25/03/04 at 19:12
Regular
That quote is the stupidest thing I've read.

You're nearly at the right point, but you're on the wrong side of the blade.

You think you cut yourself because you have knowledge of things you cannot change? Close, but wrong. I believe you cut yourself because you fear the things you cannot change.

If you think that you are deep and intelligent for sprouting this rubbish then stop for a moment and check yourself. You're right, you cannot change the the things that happen, they have been and they will always be. But this 'knowledge' seems to just be the feeling to you, not the truth. Truth wouldn't bother you, because you'd know in your soul that it's the way your present is. You're mixing knowledge with feeling and that's not usually a good thing to do.

Self harm is a comfort and a habit. It's a way of regaining self control when your paranoia and fear overtakes all reason and confidence. To call it acceptable is ridiculous, because all you're really saying in that quote is that you are giving into fear, you are giving into paranoia and for that you are a fool.

You want to cut yourself? Go ahead, but do NOT fool yourself that you are intelligent for doing so. You are no more than a person taking comfort in the only thing he has the bravado to try and control.

If this makes you feel less confident in yourself, if it knocks you, I guess then you'll feel the need to cut yourself again. But instead of praying on pointless habits like some religion, why not try to stop yourself? If you have the strength to bring a knife to your arm, or flames to your skin and hold it there to take the pain, you most certainly have the strength not to.

Can you change what you know? No. And you cannot change what may come. All you can ever change is the present; the past is in stone, and the future is beyond your immediete control.

Things may get better, things may get worse, but you can use the strength in yourself for when those times come. The most important thing is now, not what you'll become, or what you have been. The problem isn't your strength, it's the confidence in it. I'm sure you have the confidence in your strength for self harm, but it's a blind man's path, you're just being dragged along. It doesn't seem too much like control to me.

If you do fall, and you back down and realise that self harm is doing you no good whatsoever, please don't let your confidence drop from that. Realising that you are wrong is one of the strongest things a person can do, so don't put yourself down for it.

Don't bother arguing with me, you'll lose. I suggest however you use the energy arguing with yourself, you'll come to a much better conclusion that way.
Thu 25/03/04 at 18:02
Regular
Oh, here are some cheesy war quotes from games, infinitely better than lockys:

"It's not about dying for your country, it's about making the enemy die for theirs." *chuckles*

And my personal favourite:

"First it's the eyes, now it's my butt. What next?"

"In the battlefield, you don't think about what's next."
Thu 25/03/04 at 17:59
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
>
> In a years time I bet you will look back and think "I was going
> to do what with that coat hanger!?!?"

I'm intrigued, what were you going to do wit hthe coat hangar?
Thu 25/03/04 at 17:54
Regular
Light wrote:

> Pseudo-profound cockrot. Open wounds are the badge of a wounded mind.
> No more or less profound, but with a little more grounding in
> reality.

That's not quite true; what if, after a good night's out, you were sliced in an alleyway???
Thu 25/03/04 at 17:51
Regular
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Coin wrote:
> Cutting yourself is dumb.
>
>
> *shrugs* It happens. My arms are a mess of lighter and knife scars. I
> didn't know which way to turn.

lol, excellent.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.