GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Self-harm: cutting."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/03/04 at 10:29
Regular
"Omnipresent"
My girlfriend recently asked me why I cut myself. I replied

"Because I have knowledge of things I cannot change."

It's quite profound, but that is why I cut myself. To let out anger. I don't cut deep, but enough to bleed. I sent my qoute to a self-harm website, to use on there front page but they ignored it. Shame, I really think it can help people understand why they are harming (cutting, burning etc) themselves.

Hopefully someone will find it useful.

James Matthew Lockwood.
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:55
Regular
Joy wrote:

> Also try drawing with red pen on your body instead of using a blade.

I realise I haven't had any counsellor training, but that sounds a bit silly to me. People who self harm aren't doing it for the asthetic 'qualities'. They are doing it because pain becomes like a drug for them. Generally speaking.
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:54
"period drama"
Joy wrote:
> Also try drawing with red pen on your body instead of using a blade.

Seriously?
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:52
Regular
Good reply there. There are many way of averting self harm.
Yours is a good one.
Also try drawing with red pen on your body instead of using a blade.
However I understand the pain of cutting is a release/rest from the pain your feeling inside.
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:48
Regular
"SOUP!"
If you're cutting yourself as a cry-for-help or a suicide attempt then thats all well and good (been there, done that) but it doesn't really work and leaves marks you will never get rid of. If you really need to vent stuff to someone then find someone who is close to you and let it all out, they'll be understanding.

If you actually want to do damage jump in front of a car or a train.

If its not a suicidal issue and just self harm to take out agression then find something to release your anger on besides your flesh. I write p**ssed of poems and stuff, I also have a 'journal' I write in when I'm vexed and seeing my thoughts and emotions on paper help me think straight and understand what I am really feeling. It stops that claustrophobic choking feeling you get when you have loads of stuff on your mind.

If you feel that the emotions you need to let out have to be done physically then get a punch bag and go mental on it. It helps
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:41
Regular
A counsellor called Joy, I wish I'd thought of that.
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:37
Regular
HI there
I read you comments on self harm with interest.
I am training to be a counsellor and have done a paper on the subject.
I understand you reasons for self harm.
I wonder have you sought advise on how to control the need to self harm and they way and which you can perhaps do something else instead.
I wish you well
Joy
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:05
Regular
what about australian gun culture?

that guy Martin Bryant got a score of about 40 people in the space of a couple of hours.
Thu 25/03/04 at 20:01
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I wrote a reply but it's a pointless debate.

Let's talk about American gun culture :P
Thu 25/03/04 at 19:56
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Not every self harmer is an attention seeker. And I doubt everyone
> behind school massacres started off with self harming.

Well the fact he's even posting about it suggests a level of attention seeking. He says himself "Because I have knowledge of things I cannot change" - that's his reasoning. You're telling me that is not a bit screwed up? And, while were here, many who commit the massacres in the US either kill themselves or do the next best thing, "death by cop" - taking actions they know will force the police to kill them because they cannot do it themselves. It's the ultimate self harm.
Thu 25/03/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Not every self harmer is an attention seeker. And I doubt everyone behind school massacres started off with self harming.

Anyway no point having a debate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.