GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heavy Metal Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/03/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
We really needed a thread for the world's premier type of music, so I created one, and here it is.

Rock on!
Page:
Fri 02/04/04 at 20:12
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Hedfix wrote:
> RATM

I wouldnt really class Rage as heavy metal. They're not quite rock, not quite hip-hop. Funk maybe? Whatever you want to call them, they were a damn good band. It really sucks that the american government blackmailed Zakk De La Rocha into breaking the band up, or so go the rumors in several chatrooms ive been in....i dunno.
Sat 03/04/04 at 08:50
Regular
"you've got a beard"
for those that like hardcore style metal,
check out a Canadian band called "Swallowing Sh*t" (obviously with an "i" instead of the * :) ). they're brilliant. the album is fairly cheap as it's not released by a huge label and it's a blistering 15 tracks of mischief. none of the songs are very long, but some of the titles include:

"if assholes could fly, this place would be an airport"
"Christian rock = Nazi reggae"
"i heard songs about animal rights aren't cool anymore"

and if there's one thing i love it's a band in a usually "serious" genre that have a sense of humour, whilst still making excellent music.

so yeah, check out "Swallowing S**t", and also "The Almighty Punchdrunk" (www.hevydevy.com), they're also fantastic :)
Sat 03/04/04 at 08:54
Regular
"8==="
From Zero are a great band I discovered a few months back. They're somewhere around Drowning Pool/Linkin Park in sound.
Sat 03/04/04 at 09:44
Regular
"8==="
Damn. Whoever was advocating listening to Finger Eleven was right!
Sat 03/04/04 at 09:46
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
If you want some really heavy stuff, I reccomend Gorgasm: Perfect moshing music. Heavily influenced by Napalm Death, but a bit more musical.
Sat 03/04/04 at 12:50
Regular
I'd class RATM as Hip Hop Metal.

Not "Rap Metal", Hip Hop metal.

Cause frankly, in my personal opinion RATM stand out as one of my faveourite band's of all time. Amazing lyrics, Amazing guitarist, Amazing band.

Awesome.

Damn Slayer rock too much :P
Sat 03/04/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Not particularly to do with metal, but fans of heavy music with an open mind may like Error. They have one of the guys outta Nine Inch Nails and Brett Gurewitz out of Bad Religion. They've only got a 5 track self-titled EP out at the mo, but I got it and it's great. The sticker on the front describes it as 'Electro-Hardcore-Punk', but there's influences from Digital-Hardcore and Industrial metal. Some moments in the tracks 'Burn in Hell' and 'Jack The Ripper' kinda remind me of Marilyn Manson (not particularly a fan of him, but my brother is so I've heard much of his stuff).

Anyway, you can download the first track of the EP if you go to www.epitaph.com and scroll on the bands list to Error. Then there's some more info about the band as well as the tracklisting so you can download the first track 'Nothings Working'. Tis good.
Sat 03/04/04 at 23:10
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
The Download Festival at Donnington would HAVE to be classed as a metal concert. Slipknot, korn, metallica, not too sure about linkin park though, more sort of....nu-metal than heavy metal, and nu-metal is quite definitely dead.
Sat 03/04/04 at 23:15
"Uzi Lover"
Poison The Well
Sat 03/04/04 at 23:16
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Slayer are there too. Metallica and Slayer on my birthday. Pity I have no money. And AS level exams over the following week. Maybe next year.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.