GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chaos Theory opinions....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Fri 01/04/05 at 12:09
Regular
I'm gonna steal the old skool reviewing methods of OXM as I'm not in the mood for long posts.

Good Points -

* Single Player is orgasmic
* Co-op is orgasmic
* AI is...yup you guessed it orgasmic

Bad Points -

* Warehouse and head jumping are back seemingly unchanged
* No cinema or Hospital
* Proxy voice in co-op doesn't seem to work as well as I'd hoped
* Assholes in VS are back, didn't get to play Spies at all last night

Spies VS Merc is yet to impress me to be honest but I'm sure that'll change when all the people I know get the game today. Last night it was a case of the same old crap people not joining your server unless they can play spies, oh and already about 50% of the optimatch games were playing Warehouse which is seriously depressing. Oh and words can't describe how large and confusing the new VS levels are, it's gonna take an age to learn these things and the fact that all the levels have totally different kinds of objectives doesn't help at all.

Co-op however is sublime. We played through the first level which took a hell of a long time, the good thing was that the AI was constantly changing their tactics and suprising you around every corner. Favourite moment so far was when my partner was getting ready to slam a door open on a guard, to his suprise the guard used exactly the same tactic on him and sent him flying across the room.

So anyway excellent game so far, it's met pretty much all of my expectations already and I've hardly even scratched the surface.
Wed 20/04/05 at 14:33
Regular
"Touched!"
From what I've read it seems to be pot luck with Importmadness. How you can run a company with poor customer service is really beyond me.
Wed 20/04/05 at 08:09
Regular
I've had my fair share of trouble with Import Madness, all to do with my DS. They really wound me up then.

Recently though, they've been prompt and reliable for my last few purchases (PSP & games, Wipeout Pure, Power Pack set) and not a whiff of Customs issues either.

They're customer service is still as painful as shaving your scrotum with a rusty saw though.
Wed 20/04/05 at 08:01
Regular
Meh, little let down.

Visually not a patch on the PC version running in all its glory, the frame rate is also considerably lower. Jack all HDTV support which is crazy.

Controls are better though for this type of game I feel and I never got around to trying it on LIVE so not a great deal else to shout about. Seeing as I have only played the Lighthouse mission there isn't anything else to comment on.

But yeah, so far as far as the Xbox version goes there doesn't seem to be all THAT much that has changed with the single player, a couple of extra routes to take but everything else just feels like another Splinter Cell game rather than something to really stand out above the rest.
Tue 19/04/05 at 17:09
Regular
Finally got my copy today, will give it a crack later.
Thu 14/04/05 at 20:16
Regular
"8==="
Neither have I.

never used 'em
Thu 14/04/05 at 20:10
Regular
I've never had a problem with Import Madness.
Thu 14/04/05 at 19:49
Regular
Got a reply today...

"Your order has been lost, we will refund you".

Tw@ts.
Wed 13/04/05 at 15:32
Regular
It was shipped 2 days after release despite advertising ALL pre-orders will be shipped on release. 10 emails/3 weeks later they still haven't responded. Thought telling them I was ringing the credit card company on Friday if it hadn't arrived would make them reply but nope.

Will never use them again though, videogameplus.ca are excellent but they always miss the weekend after UK release and I usually get the games on the Monday/Tuesday after, will stick to them in future.

Anyone reading this though, never order from Import Madness, they are an absolute joke.
Wed 13/04/05 at 15:27
Regular
"Touched!"
I've heard nothing but bad reports about Importmadness. Taking ages to ship things and then only shipping them after you contact them around 10 times. I know Bullett uses them and they've been ok but recently I've heard some bad stuff about them. And word spreads fast online.
Wed 13/04/05 at 15:25
Regular
3 weeks on, 10 emails later, still haven't got it from Import Madness. Their customer service is non-existent so I am going to give the credit card company a buzz on Friday and see what they have to say as I can't get a response yet they have taken the money from my account.

Awful company.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.