GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chaos Theory opinions....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Fri 01/04/05 at 12:09
Regular
I'm gonna steal the old skool reviewing methods of OXM as I'm not in the mood for long posts.

Good Points -

* Single Player is orgasmic
* Co-op is orgasmic
* AI is...yup you guessed it orgasmic

Bad Points -

* Warehouse and head jumping are back seemingly unchanged
* No cinema or Hospital
* Proxy voice in co-op doesn't seem to work as well as I'd hoped
* Assholes in VS are back, didn't get to play Spies at all last night

Spies VS Merc is yet to impress me to be honest but I'm sure that'll change when all the people I know get the game today. Last night it was a case of the same old crap people not joining your server unless they can play spies, oh and already about 50% of the optimatch games were playing Warehouse which is seriously depressing. Oh and words can't describe how large and confusing the new VS levels are, it's gonna take an age to learn these things and the fact that all the levels have totally different kinds of objectives doesn't help at all.

Co-op however is sublime. We played through the first level which took a hell of a long time, the good thing was that the AI was constantly changing their tactics and suprising you around every corner. Favourite moment so far was when my partner was getting ready to slam a door open on a guard, to his suprise the guard used exactly the same tactic on him and sent him flying across the room.

So anyway excellent game so far, it's met pretty much all of my expectations already and I've hardly even scratched the surface.
Fri 01/04/05 at 19:29
Regular
"hellow"
i just got it tday i am only on the first level but i think the graphics are absolutly amazin .
Fri 01/04/05 at 20:32
Regular
"8==="
On the plus side I managed to get it for £26.

Which was nice. :)
Fri 01/04/05 at 20:34
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Me and my mate have been playing through co-op online. Absolute brilliance so far, can't fault it except very occasional lag.
Sat 02/04/05 at 00:39
Regular
"Touched!"
Hedfix wrote:
> I notice the back of the box doesn't have 'Scoreboards' highlighted.
>
> This does not make me happy.

I dunno why it's not highlighted. Because I've played around 10 ranked games now so that box is definately incorrect.
Sat 02/04/05 at 00:44
Regular
"8==="
Cool.

If luck goes my way I'll be onlive tomorrow.

Probably not though, will probably have to wait for a new router.
Sat 02/04/05 at 00:53
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm enjoying the game quite a bit however the co-op lag issue needs to be sorted out. I think I know the source of the problem though. I was playing with Col and some random guy and we got disconnected this was over live. Then I tried a system link game while logged into live and it still happened. But when I was playing System Link without being signed into live we never once got disconnected. Seems to me there is some Live bug/issue which loves to crash the game.
Sat 02/04/05 at 01:40
Regular
"Craziest Col"
Yeah, me and a friend were playing last night and tonight and we completed the co-op on normal but on the last level, train station, it disconnected twice and the first time we had to replay quite a bit.

We're going through on hard now and then expert and will probaby do some missions on the 'elite' mode were you have no ammo.
Sat 02/04/05 at 11:08
Regular
I've not really had any of these problems you talk about with co-op. The framerate goes a bit in really large areas occasionally but nothing to write home about.
Sat 02/04/05 at 11:34
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
It is just wonderful.
Nothing less.
Sat 02/04/05 at 12:41
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Excellent game. But yeah, unfortunatly me and my cousin got lost connections quite a lot while playing co-op on Live last night. At least we know we weren't the only ones with that trouble now.

Sounds like we're on the last level too cause we just got to the train station. In a way its cool to do well enough to beat the co-op mode, but on the other hand I'm disappointed that its not going to go on forever like I was hoping. :-|

At least theres still the solo campaign and the vs mode. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.