GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chaos Theory opinions....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Fri 01/04/05 at 12:09
Regular
I'm gonna steal the old skool reviewing methods of OXM as I'm not in the mood for long posts.

Good Points -

* Single Player is orgasmic
* Co-op is orgasmic
* AI is...yup you guessed it orgasmic

Bad Points -

* Warehouse and head jumping are back seemingly unchanged
* No cinema or Hospital
* Proxy voice in co-op doesn't seem to work as well as I'd hoped
* Assholes in VS are back, didn't get to play Spies at all last night

Spies VS Merc is yet to impress me to be honest but I'm sure that'll change when all the people I know get the game today. Last night it was a case of the same old crap people not joining your server unless they can play spies, oh and already about 50% of the optimatch games were playing Warehouse which is seriously depressing. Oh and words can't describe how large and confusing the new VS levels are, it's gonna take an age to learn these things and the fact that all the levels have totally different kinds of objectives doesn't help at all.

Co-op however is sublime. We played through the first level which took a hell of a long time, the good thing was that the AI was constantly changing their tactics and suprising you around every corner. Favourite moment so far was when my partner was getting ready to slam a door open on a guard, to his suprise the guard used exactly the same tactic on him and sent him flying across the room.

So anyway excellent game so far, it's met pretty much all of my expectations already and I've hardly even scratched the surface.
Fri 01/04/05 at 13:31
Regular
That's the PS2 version though which reeks like a week old tampon ridden with the efluence of an old ladies front bottom.

*shudders*

All of that stuff is in the Xbox version, the PS2 hardware apparently isn't up to it. Also the multiplayer levels are scaled down massively which is the main reason why the PS2 gets more levels from Pandorra than Xbox.

Oh and there's no co-op online.
Fri 01/04/05 at 13:32
Regular
"hulagadoo"
One question about the xbox version. Can you still change the merc rifle, putting add-ons to it?
Fri 01/04/05 at 13:38
Regular
Cycloon wrote:

> Not got it yet, reallly want it now though. New VS maps are a good
> thing :D

You should see the size of the damn things. I thought River Mall was huge but the new levels are seeminly even bigger, I've only properly played one of them but I had a quick run around a couple and promptly got completly lost. They've also made a few adjustments to some of the Pandorra maps that I've seen, quite a lot of new stuff on the Museum.

With the new styles of objectives, new gadgets, new guns and a few other changes it feels like a very different game to Pandorra.
Fri 01/04/05 at 13:39
Regular
gr13ve wrote:
> One question about the xbox version. Can you still change the merc
> rifle, putting add-ons to it?

Yup.

Machine gun, shotgun and something else.
Fri 01/04/05 at 13:40
Regular
Yeah I played Museum on the PC VS demo - lots of little changes dotted around so you can't necessarily rely on your old tactics.
Fri 01/04/05 at 13:44
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Im suddenly enclined to buy live...damn let down...but then I cant cos they dont let me use a switch card!
Fri 01/04/05 at 13:45
Regular
The thing that's gonna make a massive difference to the game play is the way they've combined all the different game styles into one setting.

Having bomb missions, disk missions and neutralization missions all in one is a stroke of genius in my mind. It'll certainly stop the geeks from Pandorra PWONING ALL DA n00bZ.
Fri 01/04/05 at 13:55
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Yeah, when I played the PC beta I thought that would be similar to the ps2 version, the people from OPS2 must have "forgot" to mention how much better the xbox version was and all the differences, all thye focused on was the "spectacular" "exclusive" move for the ps2.
Fri 01/04/05 at 14:41
Regular
I haven't been able to play, because SR in Egham haven't got the game on the shelves yet. grr!
Fri 01/04/05 at 19:07
Regular
"8==="
I notice the back of the box doesn't have 'Scoreboards' highlighted.

This does not make me happy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.