GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chaos Theory opinions....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Fri 01/04/05 at 12:09
Regular
I'm gonna steal the old skool reviewing methods of OXM as I'm not in the mood for long posts.

Good Points -

* Single Player is orgasmic
* Co-op is orgasmic
* AI is...yup you guessed it orgasmic

Bad Points -

* Warehouse and head jumping are back seemingly unchanged
* No cinema or Hospital
* Proxy voice in co-op doesn't seem to work as well as I'd hoped
* Assholes in VS are back, didn't get to play Spies at all last night

Spies VS Merc is yet to impress me to be honest but I'm sure that'll change when all the people I know get the game today. Last night it was a case of the same old crap people not joining your server unless they can play spies, oh and already about 50% of the optimatch games were playing Warehouse which is seriously depressing. Oh and words can't describe how large and confusing the new VS levels are, it's gonna take an age to learn these things and the fact that all the levels have totally different kinds of objectives doesn't help at all.

Co-op however is sublime. We played through the first level which took a hell of a long time, the good thing was that the AI was constantly changing their tactics and suprising you around every corner. Favourite moment so far was when my partner was getting ready to slam a door open on a guard, to his suprise the guard used exactly the same tactic on him and sent him flying across the room.

So anyway excellent game so far, it's met pretty much all of my expectations already and I've hardly even scratched the surface.
Sat 02/04/05 at 14:35
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:

> Wonderful game, I love co-op. Especially Redneck style as my cousin
> calls my methods. ;-)

Squeal piggy squeal?
Sat 02/04/05 at 14:41
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah you could say that as I slammed my knife into the side of some of the guards necks. ;-)
Mon 04/04/05 at 07:22
Regular
"8==="
Started it last night.

I've been rushingthrough the missions just having fun and getting low ratings - I'll go back later and work on the ratings as now is the time to have fun with grenades and knives!

Managed to get a whopping 3% on the bank level. ;)

A real pain that you can't save the guy on the first level no matter how quick you are. Noticing the non-linear play in that there's sometimes two ways to go and a few corridors sprout off from the main path which you need to check for the secondary objectives.

No collision detection problems, no aiming issues the whole thing plays like a dream.

Going postal on the New York level is just too much fun even if it does get you an automatic 0% rating. :)
Mon 04/04/05 at 08:58
Regular
"BOSE"
Chaos Theory?

10/10 ***** 100%! :-)

Yeah, the lowest % I've got was 45% (can't remember which level it was). Highest was 88%. But I will go back after I've finished it and do it more professional-Sam-Fisher like to get higher %

I love the sounds the enemys make when you kill them. Especially the one where you slash their throat, like a gurgle sound, like blood's pouring out their mouth. It's beautiful! On co-op on live right, people who've never seen anyone get knocked out and didn't know they could, wet themselfs laughing! quite funny really. And when I make funny noises to attract enemys that's when I give them stitches! :-) class
Mon 04/04/05 at 11:52
Regular
I tend to play through the levels at first just going around stabbing people and snapping necks, not caring if I set off alarms. Then I play through again this time being as stealthy as possible and only knocking people out if there really is no other way around.

I never ever use my gun though unless I REALLY need too.
Mon 04/04/05 at 12:37
Regular
How is it marked then? It it like Hitman/Tenchu where you are allowed so many knife kills and kneck snaps before you start getting ass raped for it or does it go on how many times you alert the guards?
Mon 04/04/05 at 13:11
Regular
You get grade at the end of the level that marks you on how stealthy you are but really it has no baring on the actual in game action.

Guards are only alerted if they see you or you set off an alarm. Depending on the level and how the alarm system works in the level they might equip flak jackets and helmets and become more wary that there's probably someone around.

As long as you do it stealthily you could take out all the enemies in the level and no-one would be the wiser. They might get a bit worried though if they notice their friends are slowly dissapearing.
Mon 04/04/05 at 20:09
Regular
"8==="
Don't forget the wall mines.

That was the only thing that could kill me on the NY mission.
Mon 04/04/05 at 21:06
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You people are coaxing me into playing the single player a bitmore- after absolutely owning on deathmatch with Pumpkin.

But yeah, I love this. Thought I was going to regret it after 10 minutes ofplay. Now I loveit.
Mon 04/04/05 at 21:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
'HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?!!!'

I was laughing so much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.