GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chaos Theory opinions....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Fri 01/04/05 at 12:09
Regular
I'm gonna steal the old skool reviewing methods of OXM as I'm not in the mood for long posts.

Good Points -

* Single Player is orgasmic
* Co-op is orgasmic
* AI is...yup you guessed it orgasmic

Bad Points -

* Warehouse and head jumping are back seemingly unchanged
* No cinema or Hospital
* Proxy voice in co-op doesn't seem to work as well as I'd hoped
* Assholes in VS are back, didn't get to play Spies at all last night

Spies VS Merc is yet to impress me to be honest but I'm sure that'll change when all the people I know get the game today. Last night it was a case of the same old crap people not joining your server unless they can play spies, oh and already about 50% of the optimatch games were playing Warehouse which is seriously depressing. Oh and words can't describe how large and confusing the new VS levels are, it's gonna take an age to learn these things and the fact that all the levels have totally different kinds of objectives doesn't help at all.

Co-op however is sublime. We played through the first level which took a hell of a long time, the good thing was that the AI was constantly changing their tactics and suprising you around every corner. Favourite moment so far was when my partner was getting ready to slam a door open on a guard, to his suprise the guard used exactly the same tactic on him and sent him flying across the room.

So anyway excellent game so far, it's met pretty much all of my expectations already and I've hardly even scratched the surface.
Sat 02/04/05 at 12:47
Regular
What diffculty level did you do it on?

It took me and a friend about 3 hours to play through the first level on hard. Though a lot of the time we were messing around dropping bodies off balconies so they fell on other guards and just playing with the AI to see how they reacted to different stuff. Funniest thing is putting loads of guard bodies in the lift and then going up or down in it, it's a glitch but it looks damn funny.
Sat 02/04/05 at 12:49
Regular
"Touched!"
Is there any actual way to drop them off/over balconys? If so how? :D
Sat 02/04/05 at 12:53
Regular
Grab them and then move them to the railing and press the kill button. As long as the railing's not too high you push them over the side.

Very useful for desposing of unwanted guards on the boat level.
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:13
Regular
"Touched!"
Is that the R trigger then? I love knifing people :D
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:13
Regular
"Touched!"
Also can it be done in co-op?
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:16
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Is co-op only available for Live and sytem link play or can you play it through split screen? I'll definitely be wanting a copy if so. I did look around but it still seemed unclear.
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:23
Regular
"Touched!"
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Is co-op only available for Live and sytem link play or can you play
> it through split screen? I'll definitely be wanting a copy if so. I
> did look around but it still seemed unclear.

It can be played either on Xbox Live, System Link or split screen. Hope this helps!
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:24
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Yep, thanks.
Sat 02/04/05 at 13:34
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Also can it be done in co-op?

Yup and yup.

You can also hang on ledges and pull guards over railings when they walk past.
Sat 02/04/05 at 14:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Me and my cousin made a great stealth team last night. Bashing all the doors open and generally being jerks. One funny moment was when there were 2 guys in this room and I bashed the door open on one of them with my cousin watching. The guy flew like 10 feet and slid into his partners feet, the other guys reaction ? "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, that door wasn't open before...." *looks down at his broken nosed, crippled looking partner* "did you do that ?" ;-))

Just so funny how he came out with that after watching it all happen. It wasn't even all that dark. ;-))

Then of course we had to get that Jong guy which was a good laugh with the whole voice thing involved.

*smashes door in with foot* "HEY JONG ! YOU HERE !? JOOOOOONG !"

*smashes door in with foot and spots a couple of guards* "HEY ! ARE EITHER OF YOU GUYS JONG !? OR DO YOU KNOW WHERE HE IS !?"

*guards start shouting and shooting* "I'M SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU ! DON'T FIRE THE GUNS WHILE YOU'RE TALKING !"

Wonderful game, I love co-op. Especially Redneck style as my cousin calls my methods. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.