GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More Revolution rumours"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/04/05 at 21:44
Regular
Pretty much confirmed news:

The Revolution will also be a wireless router for the home, connect broadband to it and it will allow nearby consoles to link and go online. Such as a DS for example.

Rumours:

Revolution will be VERY cheap, will be only a little more powerful than a Gamecube and vastly inferior to X-box 360 and PS3. There will be multiple controllers, touch screen, gyro and camera are all being touted.

If the latter is true then I told you Nintendo are gunning for a different market.
Page:
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:46
"period drama"
Dringo wrote:
> Oh yeah you're right, the analogue stick didn't change gaming at all.

It was 'hey yeah this is really good'
And then everyone stopped caring.
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:47
Regular
"8==="
tigamilla wrote:
>
> I liked the N64 because it was the most advanced system at the time,
> and the games all the more playable because of it.

The Xbox is pretty much the N64 this time around, popular enough, full of weird titles, packed with 4 player+ multiplayer options and more FPS games than you can shake a stick at.

I like Zelda and... well no just Zelda now since everything else isn't as good as their N64 versions but more importantly I want my western titles that I loved on the '64 like Roadrash 64, Wipeout 64, Forsaken 64, Duke Nuken 64 and all those weird and lovely things.

All of those were 4 player andall of them had a selection of bots to team up against - where is this on the cube?

Thankfully the RPG's will keep me going but I want nothing else on the cube except those.

Considering how die hard a Ninty I was with the N64, and now I own a total of 4 GC games after ditching it once before, this is why Nintendo are wobbling all over the place with their demographical targeting.
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo that isn't an answer. What this shows is that if Nintendo go ahead with the Revolution you've described, almost 100% of it's fanbase will just disappear. How is that good? How is it good for me, or FFF, or you, if the only way we can play the Nintendo games we love is on a hyped up GC with a steering wheel?
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:48
"period drama"
Dringo wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> But it isn't, it is a revolution... it is online... it has new
> control systems...
>
> They're all online.
> And excuse me for being cynical, but nothing relating to the new
> control system has appealed to me more than an actual controller
> with
> buttons on it.
>
> Get a different console then.

Aha.
But by the looks of things ... I probably will.

Shame to miss out on all those quality Ninty games because I have to shout 'WALK!' or tilt this whole heavy clod of plastic forward or drag my finger along a strange bar I have to keep looking at instead of the actual game.
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:49
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> tigamilla wrote:
>
> All of those were 4 player andall of them had a selection of bots to
> team up against - where is this on the cube?
>
> Thankfully the RPG's will keep me going but I want nothing else on
> the cube except those.

Yea at least we have a few more RPG's on the 'Cube.. and we actually got to play a Paper Mario game.
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I want to see Dringo argue that it was the N64s analog stick that changed gaming from 2D to 3D. I can't wait.
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:53
Regular
"bot"
gerrid wrote:
> No, it didn't. What changed gaming was the processing power of the
> N64.

It also failed to make the N64 compete well with the Playstation, which for a long time, SHOCK HORROR, didn't even have analogue control!
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:54
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> No, it didn't. What changed gaming was the processing power of the
> N64.
>
> Are you saying that mario 64 would have been the same if it was on
> the SNES but used an N64 controller? It wasn't the analog stick that
> made the N64 great, it was the fact that the increased power allowed
> for new, 3D games! Analogue control is just a more precise form of
> control, it doesn't change the way you play games.

Oh... My... God.
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:56
"period drama"
The revolution is going to come from the games, not the hardware.
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
But if the games are confined by the hardware, then there won't be any revolution at all, will there?

Explain to me how gyroscopic control would allow for new types of games.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.