GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More Revolution rumours"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/04/05 at 21:44
Regular
Pretty much confirmed news:

The Revolution will also be a wireless router for the home, connect broadband to it and it will allow nearby consoles to link and go online. Such as a DS for example.

Rumours:

Revolution will be VERY cheap, will be only a little more powerful than a Gamecube and vastly inferior to X-box 360 and PS3. There will be multiple controllers, touch screen, gyro and camera are all being touted.

If the latter is true then I told you Nintendo are gunning for a different market.
Page:
Wed 20/04/05 at 21:44
Regular
Pretty much confirmed news:

The Revolution will also be a wireless router for the home, connect broadband to it and it will allow nearby consoles to link and go online. Such as a DS for example.

Rumours:

Revolution will be VERY cheap, will be only a little more powerful than a Gamecube and vastly inferior to X-box 360 and PS3. There will be multiple controllers, touch screen, gyro and camera are all being touted.

If the latter is true then I told you Nintendo are gunning for a different market.
Wed 20/04/05 at 21:51
"period drama"
Different, but not big or easy to sell to.
Wed 20/04/05 at 21:53
Regular
Not to the existing gaming market, no.

You'd need to build a totally new market for it.
Wed 20/04/05 at 21:57
Regular
"8==="
Less powerful?

All the more reason to get it out quickly.

I guess the games will sell it though.

Interesting move.
Wed 20/04/05 at 21:58
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Sorry Nintendo.If the rumours of inferior hardware are true then there goes my Nintendo support. I will quite happily embrace the Ultra powerful Microsoft backed machine.

I might buy one a few years down the line just to play the Ninty games.
Wed 20/04/05 at 21:59
"period drama"
Oh, just a whole new market. No worries then.
Should be easy targetting those people who, despite gaming now being an inescapable part of society, have got nothing to do with it, probably due to not being in the slightest bit interested.

So ... old people and girls?

Good news for me, eh?
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:00
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Grrr, which monkey does the Nintendo market research?
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:06
Regular
"thursdayton!"
tigamilla wrote:
> Sorry Nintendo.If the rumours of inferior hardware are true then there
> goes my Nintendo support. I will quite happily embrace the Ultra
> powerful Microsoft backed machine.

I'll have my Nintendo games rather than ones which just look a bit nicer thankyou.

As long as the Revolution isn't so different and revolutionary that it'll hinder rather than improve my gaming experience (something stupid like I have to control Samus through my facial expressions via a camera, sticking my tongue out every time I want to shoot something) I'll be there on release day.
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
This is "great" news. So the Revolution is for people who can't/don't want to play games. So not me or 100% of its fan base, then?

Also, if it's only slightly more powerful than gamexube and the only revolution is the controllers, why on earth is it necessary at all?

Also, Nintendo and a company caled Broadcom (I think) today signed a deal for the Revolution. Broadcom supply "integrated wireless solutions", which is nice.

In other news, the Xbox 360 will come in two flavours: the standard vanilla basic machine, and one with a HD, backwards compatability and a WebTV srteaming service, for an extra $100. Looks like it could be the way to go fo r next gen gaming, then.
Wed 20/04/05 at 22:07
Regular
tigamilla wrote:
> Sorry Nintendo.If the rumours of inferior hardware are true then there
> goes my Nintendo support. I will quite happily embrace the Ultra
> powerful Microsoft backed machine.

And you call yourself a Nintendo fan :-)

I know what you mean but I do not think Nintendo mind if many of their current fanbase seek a second console because of their change in direction. The concept behind Revolution is to be different and appeal to a totally new audience. To do this whilst competing directly with Sony and Microsoft is a hard task. So expect the system to depart from the traditions of next gen consoles.

Then again maybe not, it could just be a rumour after all.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.