GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World of Warcraft: Cataclysm"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft: Cataclysm'.
Tue 01/09/09 at 11:44
Thu 22/07/10 at 16:51
Regular
Agreed. Grouped up with 3 other Guildies last night, joined the Random HC Queue and completed about 5 dungeons in maybe just over an hour.

You get extra bonuses for doing random dungeons, and let's be fair, most of the HC dungeons are really easy (even I can say that) so it's a good way to get back into the swing of things and get used to your character again.

Apart from that, maybe help your guild with their ICC runs? Despite being pretty poorly geared, and my guild know this, they're still quite keen for me to join them (I think it's so they can take advantage of my totems and heroism) either way, it was quite fun when we popped in there the other night. I believe (hopefully Butch can confirm this) that the weekly raid quest is to kill the first 1 or 2 bosses in ICC, so that's definitely another reason to give it a whirl.
Thu 22/07/10 at 16:27
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Not that much really, a couple of new raid instances, a new PVP queuing method and a new heroic dungeon queue, if you were looking to gear up.

Oh, and a fountain in the middle of Dalaran that let's you watch the Wrath 'ending movie'.

Random dungeons are always the best way to get back into the game, or maybe a run through the 3 new instances that were released since you quit (a fun little quest chain taking you through here).
Thu 22/07/10 at 16:10
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Sure. 21 od on my palaDINO. (That's what I'm calling the class now).

I meant where do I start re-playing in game. Everything seems so odd after 6 months off.
Thu 22/07/10 at 15:31
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Do you have a battle.net account?

He does, either that or somebody with his name, playing his characters, added me on RealID and threw abuse at me the other night...

@WH: No point in gearing up due to the Cata gear reset. McLong just joined a good little guild if you did want to jump inside ICC for a while. Either that, or let my druid catch up with your pally and we can destroy the low-level quests together in all our heirloomed glory :)
Thu 22/07/10 at 15:17
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
... and I can't believe you posted that instead of just shouting the question across the office >< :D
Thu 22/07/10 at 15:16
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Warhunt wrote:

> Anywho, figuring out how to re-start playing WOW. Where do I
> start? :S

Do you have a battle.net account?

Warhunt wrote:
> One thing I'm not sure on is the alt thing. In "the other
> game" you don't have classes from what I can see.

Keep meaning to check this and forgetting but in 11 you had one character only but that character could be any of the classes you wished it to be simply by changing in the Mog House. You did have to level up each class separately though. Without further research sounds like it's going to be the same kind of thing.

One of the (hundreds) of better things about WoW is all the different / extra chars you can have. If you wanted a different race or char in FFXI you had to pay extra for it
Thu 22/07/10 at 14:37
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ineedsleep wrote:

> I forgave him this for he referenced Dog Soldiers so obviously a
> guy with movie taste :)

Sausages!.....

Anywho, figuring out how to re-start playing WOW. Where do I start? :S
Thu 22/07/10 at 11:06
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
It was indeed and thanks so much for the link! Going to have a better browse around there later 'cos I spotted starting zone 3 and need to find the second one :)
Thu 22/07/10 at 10:37
Regular
Was it a video by Cynical Brit (TotalHalibut on YouTube)? His video commentary is nothing short of awesome.
Thu 22/07/10 at 09:34
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Started to watch the Deepholm movie but about 10 secs in decided I wanted to experience it for myself. However, I have just spent the last 30 watching a video of the Worgen starting zone. I swear the guy doing the comentary is related to Lloyd Grossman. I forgave him this for he referenced Dog Soldiers so obviously a guy with movie taste :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.