GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moto GP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/08/09 at 19:36
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
So we don't get criticised for hijacking the F1 thread, here is the MotoGP thread!

Feel Free to discuss WSB and BSB too.

Check Here to see how your team is doing.
Page:
Tue 27/10/09 at 16:14
Regular
"I like turtles"
Apparently Yamaha are shipping over a couple of 'spare' M1's over to Valencia for Spies to race.He will then take over Toselands bike (and his place in the Tech 3 team) for the 2 day test on Monday/Tuesday.There is a very good interview with him which is worth a look.I can never get over how cool,honest and totally down to earth he is.

I thought Aoyama was younger than that as well,have to say I have been well impressed with him this year.

My mate came into work yesterday,he went over to Portugal to watch the WSBK finale.Didn't tell me he was going as he knew (with me just buying a house) that I could not afford to go and I would just be jealous and sulk.As it happens he is now my ex-mate as I am still insanely jealous and still sulking !.He said the track and facilities were superb,especially the final corner which they watched practice and qualifying from.He said Shakey was on it all weekend and it was awesome watching him ringing the neck out of that Ducati through there.

Personally have to get very bored before resorting to watching football.Never cared for it myself,think footballers are a bunch of overpaid big girls blouses ! :)
Tue 27/10/09 at 15:34
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:

> What a fantastic day for Yamaha,Rossi MotoGP champion,Spies WSBK champion and our very own Cal Crutchlow WSS champion.Doesn't get much better than that.

Not forgetting Yamaha are BSB champions too, they've pretty much controlled everything this year, let's hope everyone betters this years bikes so the racing is closer next year.

>Bradley rode very well in the 125cc race securing 2nd in the championship,which is a massive result for him

.....wonder if he'll get a mention on young sports personality.......

>while Aoyama needs only a 10th place to lift the 250cc crown
> in Valencia after thrashing the field today.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was in his late 20s, he really doesn't look it, but yeah looks like he's going to get the 250 title, should be good watching him in GP next year.

I wonder what that'll mean for Pedrosa/Dovi if he does well on the satellite bike - being Japanese is only going to help his chances.

>All good stuff but I reckon the MotoGP paddock maybe starting to worry just a little about a certain Australian,no one even saw which way he went today.

Can't fault the man, he's not the showman like Rossi is, but watching him ride the Ducati is amazing, I'm sure he said something after the race about not being happy with race pace!

I would hope his recent performances have won him a few more fans.

Valencia should be good, is Spies going to be on a Tech 3 bike, or just a random Yamaha?

Will definitely be good to see how he does, though no matter what he says Toseland will likely try to beat him.

What with the end of the GP season approaching I think I'm just going to have to settle for Football until the different series start up again.
Sun 25/10/09 at 15:48
Regular
"I like turtles"
What a fantastic day for Yamaha,Rossi MotoGP champion,Spies WSBK champion and our very own Cal Crutchlow WSS champion.Doesn't get much better than that.Bradley rode very well in the 125cc race securing 2nd in the championship,which is a massive result for him while Aoyama needs only a 10th place to lift the 250cc crown in Valencia after thrashing the field today.All good stuff but I reckon the MotoGP paddock maybe starting to worry just a little about a certain Australian,no one even saw which way he went today.While Spies has had the greatest rookie season I have ever witnessed,he has done an absolutely awesome job this year.He's riding as a wildcard in MotoGP at Valencia,should be interesting.Have to feel a bit sorry for Haga though,how many times has he been here ?,under huge pressure and he throws it down the road effectively gifting the title to Spies.Shame to see it end that way after they both have ridden extremely well this year.Final word for The Doctor though 9 MotoGP titles (7 of them in the premier class) and he's still as fast and motivated as ever,the guy is a legend.
Sat 24/10/09 at 15:22
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Let's hope so, last few races have been a bit lacking in excitement.

Looking forward more to the WSB this weekend, really haven't got a clue who's gonna end up with the title. I haven't really got a preference but it would be a bit of a fairytale american dream situation if Spies wins. Would feel a bit sorry for Haga if he did though.

Sure I read that Camier has got another go this weekend on the Aprilia. He must be a serious contender for the ride with all the other seatless people about.

Here's to an exciting day of racing........we hope!
Sat 24/10/09 at 08:54
Regular
"I like turtles"
Rossi just taken a record equalling 58th pole position at Sepang.He as already said he his going to 'ride for the championship' this weekend.Can't see him just letting the fast guys go while he trundles round in 4th place somehow,not really his style.Should be a good race tomorrow.
Thu 22/10/09 at 07:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
Tom Sykes has signed for Paul Birds Kawasaki WSBK team (alongside Vermuelen).Good news for him but I reckon he'll need to up his game as he has been a little bit disappointing this year IMO,especially when you see what Spies has achieved on the same bike in his debut season .I do rate Sykes as a rider though and now he knows the circuits he should go better in 2010,providing the Kawasaki is up to the job.Just Shakey and Camier to find rides for next year now and the WSBK field will have a seriously impressive line up of Brits.
Mon 19/10/09 at 13:02
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Stoner really does seem to be back on it now, looking at how he is riding that bike makes you wonder what if he had been like this all year....I don't think the Yams would have been quite so dominant.

Really was good watching both him and Rossi sliding round corner after corner.

Good for Hayden that he has already signed the contract for next year, his luck seems pretty bad at the moment. I don't think him and Lorenzo are going to be chatting much on the plane to Malaysia thats for sure!

Might be interesting to see some kind of grid penalty for incidents, like Lorenzo's, and De Angelis a few weeks back, ruin races for other riders. Maybe that just spoils the fun of watching the racing though!

Poor Bradley Smith though, poor guy must have thought he had the race won. I don't think he even made a mistake on that last lap, just Simon took the chance. Though to be fair to Simon he had been waiting and waiting sizing Bradley up for a fair few laps.
He should still get second in the championship though.

Find it quite unbelievable he hasn't had an offer for Moto2 next year.....
Sun 18/10/09 at 09:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
Race today was pretty good.Lorenzo has pretty much chucked any chance he had of winning the title off a cliff.Watching Stoner riding speedway style was immense,great he's back and on form.Nice to see his wife back in the paddock as well ! :) .DeAngelis proves yet again he can be blindingly quick and yet nearly wiped himself out as he crossed the line on one wheel heading straight for the pit wall,he's as mad as box of frogs !.Good race from Melandri and Rossi did exactly what he needed to do,job done I reckon.

Simoncelli may still actually have a chance of retaining his 250cc crown after winning with Aoyama finishing a distant seventh.If he pulls that off will be a staggering achievement.

Bradley Smith had a great race in the 125's finishing inches behind new world champion Simon.Great to see him having a decent end to the season,he could well finish 2nd in the championship,which would be a massive result.

Malaysia next weekend,should be good.
Thu 15/10/09 at 08:44
Regular
"I like turtles"
Haslam and Guintoli confirmed at Alstare Suzuki,Kagayama is coming back to BSB.Neukirchhner is moving to Ten Kate Honda alongside Jonny Rea.Don't know if that means Kiyo is coming back to BSB as well ? as he is currently without a ride in WSBK as is Tom Sykes.I'd be happy to see them back in the BSB,the series could do a few more big names for next season.Be interesting to see the upcoming new guys like Easton and Andrews (who both had impressive seasons) taking on guys like those.Most importantly now that I have my internet back I can watch superbikes again ! :)
Mon 05/10/09 at 09:30
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
pete_21 wrote:

>..............................and WSBK (which is another fantastic series
> IMO) is currently in another world to that of modern day Grand
> Prix racing.

WSB was great this weekend, really thought Haga was going to win in Race 1, and personally quite glad he did in race two.
Brits didn't do bad either.

Best thing about the GP was Bradley Smiths 3rd and Stoner coming back and proving he's still capable of keeping up with the rest of the pack, and after no training for the past few months aswell! I bet he cannot move today though!

Not a bad performance considering he broke a footpeg in the early stages too! Roll on Phillip Island!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.