GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just as I thought everything was going alright."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/01/04 at 17:57
Regular
Why is it, that when you turn 16 everything goes wrong? Normally i'm a relativly happy guy, without too many problems to bother about. But suddenly after turning 16 last June, they hit one after another, like losing my girlfriend, and today just topped it off.

Firstly, College. I chose to go to college after succesfully gaining 5 C's in my GCSE's, the first few week's we're fun, interesting and everything seemed great. It was like so laid back and seemed a "doss" and a place to just "mess around with yer mates". Unfortunatly this has made an effect on me, making me lazy and not giving a monkey about the work that has to be done. Currently i'm behind with all of my coursework, i'm meant to be doing it at home but I seriously have no motivation to do it.

Basically I just cannot be arrsed, I even miss lessons once or twice a week because I can't be bothered to get out of bed. We've got A/S exams in 4 days and I probably won't revise for it, I want to do well and everything but this student lifestyle has changed me into a bed-dwelling lazy person. I just dunno what to do, maybe its because i'm too much of a spaz to go to Uni, giving me no reason to go to college. University's will never accept me because the course I want to go into will only let people with A2 Advanced Maths grades in. They don't want no media student with a geography and computing grade.

*sigh*

I even considered dropping out the other day, but something makes me want to hold on.

Secondly, today at work I received a letter from one of my managers, I opened it only to find that i'd been given a formal warning. Apparently last sunday my till was found to be £10 over what was expected, meaning that I, or some collegue that used my till shortchanged a customer. The letter states that if it happens again I will get the sack straight away without question. I only started working there 3 months ago, I went into work this morning feeling cheerful, I was really getting to know everyone there and work seemed enjoyable. Its only when managers are put into the picture everything turns sour.

Why am I telling you people this? I just needed a space to write out problems and it just seems easier to explain it to people you'll never meet. I never tell my parents/family anything, so this just seemed an easier option..

Muh
Sun 11/01/04 at 18:45
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm sure that's illegal. You're meant to get one verbal warning, one written, THEN they can sack you. Unless you burnt down the place, I'm sure they could sack you on the spot for that...

Complain to someone.
Sun 11/01/04 at 18:42
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> You got a written warning? So what was your verbal warning?

I didn't get one, Both managers we're off today so I was just left a letter next to the clocking in machine stating that i'm up for the sack if it happens again.

I work at Wicke's in chilwell, Belldandy.

Playing on my guitar seems to of helped a little.
Sun 11/01/04 at 18:40
Regular
"That's right!"
You got a written warning? So what was your verbal warning?
Sun 11/01/04 at 18:35
"slightlyshortertagl"
Listen to 'Hey Ya!' by Outkast 4 times in a row on max volume.

Always works for me :-)
Sun 11/01/04 at 18:32
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
You get formal warnings for that? Where on earth do you work?
Sun 11/01/04 at 18:28
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
That must be really stressful. I have exams starting the 19th and I'm nowhere near ready for them, they count towards my final mark too.
Sun 11/01/04 at 18:28
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Well, I have GCSE mocks next Monday for two weeks, and a french oral this Friday with 100 questions to learn - 100 too much, as I couldn't be bothered doing all that crap. I am lazy, and thats why I'm sitting here on my arrse instead of revising like I should be. I just couldn't be bothered.
Sun 11/01/04 at 18:18
Regular
They're like "module" exams, they count towards the final grade. We had mocks last December.
Sun 11/01/04 at 18:14
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Sounds like you could really do with a pick-me-up! Sorry things aren't going too well for you at the moment. I'm feeling a bit like that too. Are you A/S exams the realthing or just mocks? if they're mocks, try not to get too worked up about them, they rarely reflect how you will do in the actual exam.
Sun 11/01/04 at 17:57
Regular
Why is it, that when you turn 16 everything goes wrong? Normally i'm a relativly happy guy, without too many problems to bother about. But suddenly after turning 16 last June, they hit one after another, like losing my girlfriend, and today just topped it off.

Firstly, College. I chose to go to college after succesfully gaining 5 C's in my GCSE's, the first few week's we're fun, interesting and everything seemed great. It was like so laid back and seemed a "doss" and a place to just "mess around with yer mates". Unfortunatly this has made an effect on me, making me lazy and not giving a monkey about the work that has to be done. Currently i'm behind with all of my coursework, i'm meant to be doing it at home but I seriously have no motivation to do it.

Basically I just cannot be arrsed, I even miss lessons once or twice a week because I can't be bothered to get out of bed. We've got A/S exams in 4 days and I probably won't revise for it, I want to do well and everything but this student lifestyle has changed me into a bed-dwelling lazy person. I just dunno what to do, maybe its because i'm too much of a spaz to go to Uni, giving me no reason to go to college. University's will never accept me because the course I want to go into will only let people with A2 Advanced Maths grades in. They don't want no media student with a geography and computing grade.

*sigh*

I even considered dropping out the other day, but something makes me want to hold on.

Secondly, today at work I received a letter from one of my managers, I opened it only to find that i'd been given a formal warning. Apparently last sunday my till was found to be £10 over what was expected, meaning that I, or some collegue that used my till shortchanged a customer. The letter states that if it happens again I will get the sack straight away without question. I only started working there 3 months ago, I went into work this morning feeling cheerful, I was really getting to know everyone there and work seemed enjoyable. Its only when managers are put into the picture everything turns sour.

Why am I telling you people this? I just needed a space to write out problems and it just seems easier to explain it to people you'll never meet. I never tell my parents/family anything, so this just seemed an easier option..

Muh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.