GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just as I thought everything was going alright."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/01/04 at 17:57
Regular
Why is it, that when you turn 16 everything goes wrong? Normally i'm a relativly happy guy, without too many problems to bother about. But suddenly after turning 16 last June, they hit one after another, like losing my girlfriend, and today just topped it off.

Firstly, College. I chose to go to college after succesfully gaining 5 C's in my GCSE's, the first few week's we're fun, interesting and everything seemed great. It was like so laid back and seemed a "doss" and a place to just "mess around with yer mates". Unfortunatly this has made an effect on me, making me lazy and not giving a monkey about the work that has to be done. Currently i'm behind with all of my coursework, i'm meant to be doing it at home but I seriously have no motivation to do it.

Basically I just cannot be arrsed, I even miss lessons once or twice a week because I can't be bothered to get out of bed. We've got A/S exams in 4 days and I probably won't revise for it, I want to do well and everything but this student lifestyle has changed me into a bed-dwelling lazy person. I just dunno what to do, maybe its because i'm too much of a spaz to go to Uni, giving me no reason to go to college. University's will never accept me because the course I want to go into will only let people with A2 Advanced Maths grades in. They don't want no media student with a geography and computing grade.

*sigh*

I even considered dropping out the other day, but something makes me want to hold on.

Secondly, today at work I received a letter from one of my managers, I opened it only to find that i'd been given a formal warning. Apparently last sunday my till was found to be £10 over what was expected, meaning that I, or some collegue that used my till shortchanged a customer. The letter states that if it happens again I will get the sack straight away without question. I only started working there 3 months ago, I went into work this morning feeling cheerful, I was really getting to know everyone there and work seemed enjoyable. Its only when managers are put into the picture everything turns sour.

Why am I telling you people this? I just needed a space to write out problems and it just seems easier to explain it to people you'll never meet. I never tell my parents/family anything, so this just seemed an easier option..

Muh
Mon 12/01/04 at 00:45
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
You need motivation?

You pick yourself up and you do the work that needs to be done, or you can hang your head in shame that you had the opportunity to better yourself and do something with your life but you passed it up. And why? So you could stay in bed a bit longer? Play on your PS2? Be a grown up and realise what the right course of action is.

There's your motivation.
Mon 12/01/04 at 00:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I always feel that the way but things always seem to work out

Last minute essays get done on time
Exams are passed
More jobs are there

etc

Just go through periods like this, should stick it out.
Sun 11/01/04 at 23:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Heh, i made errors with the tills quite often at woolworths (probably about 1 every 2nd weekend) but i never got in trouble, people make mistakes, its human nature.
Sun 11/01/04 at 22:14
I find that motivation is a constant problem, both when I was at college and at uni now - I know I like the subject, and when I actually read up and study it is interesting; but it's problematic getting to do that in the first place, when there's other stuff to do.

Even after removing all intersting things out of sight (console, mags, etc.), I still find it hard to actually knuckle down and study - in fact, most of the time I find myself doing other things (some menial, like tidying the room)- in fact, anything but the actual studying. Oh, and there's this stupid forum that I waste hours per day on.
Sun 11/01/04 at 21:43
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> Chin up big guy, I'll get you a hooker.

Possibly one thats not called "Steve"

Thanks mate
Sun 11/01/04 at 21:02
Regular
Jobs suck, life sucks, then you die poor and impoverished.
Sun 11/01/04 at 20:44
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Where I used to work no one ever got warnings for stuff at all, you either did something sackable, or everyone was happy.
Sun 11/01/04 at 20:02
Regular
"SOUP!"
Chin up big guy, I'll get you a hooker.
Sun 11/01/04 at 18:52
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Depends I think. I would however complain a little about being given an official warning for something they cannot even prove was your fault.
Sun 11/01/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Thats quite true actually. You must be given a verbal warning first.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.