GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just as I thought everything was going alright."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/01/04 at 17:57
Regular
Why is it, that when you turn 16 everything goes wrong? Normally i'm a relativly happy guy, without too many problems to bother about. But suddenly after turning 16 last June, they hit one after another, like losing my girlfriend, and today just topped it off.

Firstly, College. I chose to go to college after succesfully gaining 5 C's in my GCSE's, the first few week's we're fun, interesting and everything seemed great. It was like so laid back and seemed a "doss" and a place to just "mess around with yer mates". Unfortunatly this has made an effect on me, making me lazy and not giving a monkey about the work that has to be done. Currently i'm behind with all of my coursework, i'm meant to be doing it at home but I seriously have no motivation to do it.

Basically I just cannot be arrsed, I even miss lessons once or twice a week because I can't be bothered to get out of bed. We've got A/S exams in 4 days and I probably won't revise for it, I want to do well and everything but this student lifestyle has changed me into a bed-dwelling lazy person. I just dunno what to do, maybe its because i'm too much of a spaz to go to Uni, giving me no reason to go to college. University's will never accept me because the course I want to go into will only let people with A2 Advanced Maths grades in. They don't want no media student with a geography and computing grade.

*sigh*

I even considered dropping out the other day, but something makes me want to hold on.

Secondly, today at work I received a letter from one of my managers, I opened it only to find that i'd been given a formal warning. Apparently last sunday my till was found to be £10 over what was expected, meaning that I, or some collegue that used my till shortchanged a customer. The letter states that if it happens again I will get the sack straight away without question. I only started working there 3 months ago, I went into work this morning feeling cheerful, I was really getting to know everyone there and work seemed enjoyable. Its only when managers are put into the picture everything turns sour.

Why am I telling you people this? I just needed a space to write out problems and it just seems easier to explain it to people you'll never meet. I never tell my parents/family anything, so this just seemed an easier option..

Muh
Mon 12/01/04 at 15:45
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
English_Bloke wrote:
> I kind of agree and disagree with what you have said, Kat.
>
> Women, on the whole do tend to like a little bit of a challenge. Not
> someone that will treat them like complete crap, (although some do),
> but they don’t want someone too “nice”.
>
> Also, Kat, you asked that guy not to tar you all with the same brush,
> and yet you went on to generalise your own sex fitting into the usual
> stereotypes. Average looking girl have good personalities and pretty
> girls are stupid etc.
>
> While what you said may be true in some cases, you cannot “guarantee”
> that it will be the case for this lad.

You are right, and I didn't mean that all pretty girls are stupid, that's not the case at all, but what seemed to be the opinion of the guys on this forum is that all girls they know are like this, and they only choose pretty girls, so therefore, I was suggesting that they look at a different 'type' of girl. What I thought, is that the quieter girls are probably just as pretty if not more pretty, than the loud flirty girls, but you don't notice them cos they don't wear loads of make up, and seem less sexually attractive cos their not flirting and as confident. In my experience, the girls at my school that pulled all the blokes, are the ones now that can't pull, pull the wrong men, or/and don't look too good. It's the quiet ones that make an effort to develop their personality when they're young as they don't get what they want with their looks and when they get older they have this air of confidence and sex appeal that makes them far more attractive than the girls who have got away with a lot by having good looks. Make up does make a big difference though, if I wear make up, I look like a total different person but I couldn't be bothered to wear make up all the time, whereas insecure girls do, and are terrified of ever being seen without make up.

I do realise I came across as a bit judgemental and shallow, but hopefully you get what I mean now!

I also agree with what you mean about the challenge thing, but that's all part of the exciting chase at the beginning, being coy, etc. but once you get serious, that should stop, otherwise the person playing the games is obviously too immature.

Personally, I won't put up with someone treating me badly in any way, I'll give them a second chance if I think they're worth it, but then I will move on. No point wasting time if the other person isn't putting as much in.
Mon 12/01/04 at 15:15
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I kind of agree and disagree with what you have said, Kat.

Women, on the whole do tend to like a little bit of a challenge. Not someone that will treat them like complete crap, (although some do), but they don’t want someone too “nice”.

Also, Kat, you asked that guy not to tar you all with the same brush, and yet you went on to generalise your own sex fitting into the usual stereotypes. Average looking girl have good personalities and pretty girls are stupid etc.

While what you said may be true in some cases, you cannot “guarantee” that it will be the case for this lad.
Mon 12/01/04 at 14:59
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Gaddafi Duck wrote:
> *raises hand*
>
> Yep. Though in the long term you may need someone a little sharper.
> But who looks at the long term?
>
> And, my theory, women tend to be attracted to men who don't act like
> they need them too much, which tends to be guys who don't really care
> about them, will cheat on them whenever they can because they want
> all the action they can get and if the relationship ends, so what,
> there are plenty of other women falling over themselves to get
> screwed over (so to speak).
>
> And again, it tends not to work in the long term, but who looks at
> the long term?

Again, you are looking at the wrong girls. Probably cos you are looking at the fit birds. Try looking at the average looking girls with personality and that won't happen. I've only ever had 1 friend like the sort of girls you're talking about, and I'm no longer friends with her cos I got bored of her not listening to me when she moaned about these awful guys she kept ending up with, and then kept choosing the same guys over and over!

That's not the case with most girls though, I for one, would never go out with those type of guys you're talking about, they are so unattractive to me, and the girls that fall all over them are pathetic - they obviously don't have any self respect.

So don't tar us all with the same brush, cos it is all about the 'type' of girl. If those are the girls that you know, then move on, and start talking other girls, even if they are slightly less attractive, cos once you start talking to them and get to know them, I guarantee they will become more attractive to you and the other (stupid) girls will become less attractive.
Mon 12/01/04 at 14:18
Regular
*raises hand*

Yep. Though in the long term you may need someone a little sharper.
But who looks at the long term?

And, my theory, women tend to be attracted to men who don't act like they need them too much, which tends to be guys who don't really care about them, will cheat on them whenever they can because they want all the action they can get and if the relationship ends, so what, there are plenty of other women falling over themselves to get screwed over (so to speak).

And again, it tends not to work in the long term, but who looks at the long term?
Mon 12/01/04 at 14:03
Kat wrote:
It's like me saying 'blokes would
> choose a fit bird with no brain, than a brainy ugly girl'.

As a matter of fact, I'd say this applies to most of us guys.
Mon 12/01/04 at 14:02
Regular
"That's right!"
Kat wrote:
It's like me saying 'blokes would choose a fit bird with no brain, than a brainy ugly girl'.

---------

Of course we would. But nearly all the girls I went to school with were absolute idiots when it came to relationships. They'd go out with absolute ****s who would treat them like crap, cheat on their boyfriends then cry when their boyfriends found out, forgive their boyfriends for cheating on them no matter how often they did it... the list goes on.

When they grow up, past high school, most will settle down. But through high school it's like some sort of... mad house.
Mon 12/01/04 at 13:59
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> "Girls are stupid and don't know what they want"
>
> That's the smartest thing I've heard all day (and probably the
> smartest thing I've ever seen from you, SHEEPY)
>
> Yeah, yeah; most girls would read that and scream at us, but in my
> experience, it's very true. The thick girls are with the lads from
> aged 12 an onwards, going mental over this boy, then that boy, then
> hating another boy for not liking them, or hating each other because
> they both like the same lad.
>
> The more intelligent girls will be busy with their school work -
> until 6th form, when they all act like 14 year olds with crushes and
> some even fail their exams because they'd rather be with a boy than
> revising. It's true.

OK HIGHLY offended! I don't know which girls you are hanging around with, but run away quick. Neither myself or any of my friends have ever been like that. We need someone with a brain and interesting conversation, and stay WELL away from anyone who thinks a lot of themself, and anyone that thinks he's a 'ladies man'. I think you need to give us a bit more credit. It's like me saying 'blokes would choose a fit bird with no brain, than a brainy ugly girl'.
Mon 12/01/04 at 13:49
Regular
"That's right!"
"Girls are stupid and don't know what they want"

That's the smartest thing I've heard all day (and probably the smartest thing I've ever seen from you, SHEEPY)

Yeah, yeah; most girls would read that and scream at us, but in my experience, it's very true. The thick girls are with the lads from aged 12 an onwards, going mental over this boy, then that boy, then hating another boy for not liking them, or hating each other because they both like the same lad.

The more intelligent girls will be busy with their school work - until 6th form, when they all act like 14 year olds with crushes and some even fail their exams because they'd rather be with a boy than revising. It's true.
Mon 12/01/04 at 13:44
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
VenomByte wrote:
> The reason girls get screwed over so many times, is because they go
> for guys like that to start with.

That's not always true, I do agree that a lot of girls are attracted to that type of guy, they even admit it, but I'm not like that and I recently got screwed over, and it has changed the way I feel now. For my own protection, I am cold and distant now if I meet a guy cos I don't want to ever be in the position of feeling like that again. and this guy was not that type of person, he just didn't think before he spoke or acted, which led to lots of confusing thoughts for me. I'm over it now, but I still get angry sometimes and I have worked damn hard at getting back the control that he took from me (not intentionally but it still hurt), so now I find it easier to be superficial, then I can emotionally keep my distance, but have a guy with a great body, and interesting conversation (not sure it's gonna work in practice). What else is a girl to do though eh?
Mon 12/01/04 at 13:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Girls are stupid and don't know what they want

Except my girlfriend of course

*looks around*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.