GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just as I thought everything was going alright."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/01/04 at 17:57
Regular
Why is it, that when you turn 16 everything goes wrong? Normally i'm a relativly happy guy, without too many problems to bother about. But suddenly after turning 16 last June, they hit one after another, like losing my girlfriend, and today just topped it off.

Firstly, College. I chose to go to college after succesfully gaining 5 C's in my GCSE's, the first few week's we're fun, interesting and everything seemed great. It was like so laid back and seemed a "doss" and a place to just "mess around with yer mates". Unfortunatly this has made an effect on me, making me lazy and not giving a monkey about the work that has to be done. Currently i'm behind with all of my coursework, i'm meant to be doing it at home but I seriously have no motivation to do it.

Basically I just cannot be arrsed, I even miss lessons once or twice a week because I can't be bothered to get out of bed. We've got A/S exams in 4 days and I probably won't revise for it, I want to do well and everything but this student lifestyle has changed me into a bed-dwelling lazy person. I just dunno what to do, maybe its because i'm too much of a spaz to go to Uni, giving me no reason to go to college. University's will never accept me because the course I want to go into will only let people with A2 Advanced Maths grades in. They don't want no media student with a geography and computing grade.

*sigh*

I even considered dropping out the other day, but something makes me want to hold on.

Secondly, today at work I received a letter from one of my managers, I opened it only to find that i'd been given a formal warning. Apparently last sunday my till was found to be £10 over what was expected, meaning that I, or some collegue that used my till shortchanged a customer. The letter states that if it happens again I will get the sack straight away without question. I only started working there 3 months ago, I went into work this morning feeling cheerful, I was really getting to know everyone there and work seemed enjoyable. Its only when managers are put into the picture everything turns sour.

Why am I telling you people this? I just needed a space to write out problems and it just seems easier to explain it to people you'll never meet. I never tell my parents/family anything, so this just seemed an easier option..

Muh
Mon 12/01/04 at 22:15
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Go to General Chat and find my topic names d 'im a genius' now post something good you've done lately and u'll see things are not as bad as you think they are!
Mon 12/01/04 at 18:46
Regular
English_Bloke wrote:
> ... that guy ...

Wow, you sure know how to make a boy feel special ;^D

Generalisations. They're not all bad, are they? Men and women are different. Obvious example, women generally have bigger breasts. Only a generalisation, and there are plenty of people with man-boobs who buck the trend. Nevertheless, it's a fair and accurate generalisation, so long as you know it is only a generalisation.

Of course, there are bad generalisations too (Kilroy!), you need to get it right...

I don't know if Kat read too much into my views, or was (gasp) generalising over all the posts along the same lines.
But from obsevations of most women who I've talked to in any depth about this, or known well enough to figure out, whether they've been hot or fairly rough, they'll usually have one type of man they say they want, and another type they actually go for.
And usually they'll ask for a 'nice guy' but go for a 'bad boy' (to maybe oversimplify a bit). Not necessarily at vastly different ends of the nice-bad spectrum (jeez, am I going up my own a** here?!), but they'll date distinctly further towards the 'bad' end.

Why? My theory:
When a woman talks about the kind of man she wants, often she's thinking rationally.
When a woman is attracted to someone, of course, it's not based on rational reasoning, it's attraction, chemistry.

And, right or wrong, my generalisation is that women rationally want a nice guy, but attraction leads them to, well, less nice guys.

Hopefully that doesn't seem like a bad generalisation. I've noticed it in the vast majority of girls I've known...

Back to the original topic, motivation.

Ffffttt. At the moment I'm looking a couple of months down the line, to after my operation. I'll be getting a job for maybe 6 or 7 months, until my masters starts. This instead of being in Canada, so the prospect of some crap shop work, or manual labour (I did that in a factory for a couple of months this summer, not fun) for half a year, it doesn't exactly appeal to me.
A line from a song springs to mind - 'what have we worked for? We've been scraping by for all our lives'
I've spent the last couple of months, unable to work, with nothing to get up for in the mornings, nothing to do. It was screwed up, wanting to not exist for the next 3 months.
Now I'm facing another 6 months of meaninglessly killing time, going nowhere.

These are supposed to be the best days of my life. My last year at uni sucked - the work load destroyed everything else. The other two weren't that great either. The rest of this year is set to go the same way.

So I'm wondering how I'll hold down a crap job, how I'll face getting up in the mornings to go do some dead-end job I hate, wishing I could just cut half a year out of 'the best days of my life'.

And that feeling is exactly why you need to push for something better. You'll spend so much of your life working, you need to get the best job you can. Otherwise all that time, you'll be pishing it against a wall, wishing you didn't have to be alive, or at least conscious, between 9 and 5.

Will I get up each morning? I really don't know.
Mon 12/01/04 at 17:56
Regular
"Light of the world"
Me to hun

I used to have so much zip and get up and go but the constant atmosphere and crappy circumstances bring me down and I do not attend some lessons or fail to get a deadline.

I used to get my head down and work my nutz (even though I do not own any) off and achieve mass amounts of success... Now muah

I think we should get our ass' into gear.

Stop looking at others and leading this terrifiyng life styke and go forth and do well.

Maybe you should set an alarm and immediatly get in the shower to wake yourself up and get ready. Set reminders on your phone and really try to find your motivation

Look further into uni courses there are thousands (I was loking into flannel making) Or if like me you arent going uni WHAT YA GONA DO?? You gonna fly into the big wide world with half arsed grades and turn up at interviews and have nothing to say about yourself? It is harder but you can still achieve a good career with A levels - better chance than you leaving before! Do something extra curricular or voluntary maybe to get your get up and go back and add a WOW to ya CV! (Its what I depending on)

I hope I helped if not shoot me :(
Mon 12/01/04 at 17:54
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
VenomByte wrote:
> Now I hate to say this, but the reason a lot of average looking girls
> won't act the same way is because they know they can't get the
> attention that easily. They lack confidence, and they have insecurity
> issues even more so than the pretty ones.
>
> Consequently, you'd think they'd appreciate someone, wouldn't you?
>
> And they do. To an extent. Sooner or later though, there's the chance
> that they might just really believe you when you tell them they're
> very attractive. They might just lose all that insecurity, and be the
> confident person that (lets face it) everyone wants to be. Then they
> might find they don't really need your attention any more, or that
> you're not what they want.
>
> If someone is nicer, are they doing it because they're genuinely like
> that, or because they don't have the confidence and don't get the
> attention they'd like?
>
> And before someone has a go at me for this, the exact same thing can
> be said of many average-looking blokes. Yep that's right, the same
> ones who moan about the way girls act...

You make lots of very good points. I totally agree with you, cos I just split up with my ex and he was really cut up about it, but I strongly believe that it's because I gave him confidence, I mean since we have split he has pulled loads of girls, which has given him even more confidence and he does still say that he can't talk to them on the level he can with me, but you can't expect to find someone as perfect as me can you? (joking) but I do truly believe that the reason he feels so strongly for me is because I make him feel good about himself. I can't speak for other people, but personally it's never mattered to me initially what someone looks like, if I have that spark with them, and they have something about them, some attractive quality, then they become attractive to me. I have to say though, when it comes to the body, that does bother me, it didn't before, but I think your sex life suffers if you are sleeping with someone whose body you don't find attractive. I know I'm not perfect, but I make an effort to keep my figure in shape and look after myself, so I would expect the same from a guy. Only problem there is, a lot of guys don't seem to work out (unless I'm meeting the wrong guys!) and SOME (not all) of the ones that do, are a bit poncy. It's amazing how many guys at the gym just stare at you, it's really off putting, I just think, what are you doing, I'm all sweaty, really not attractive!

I think if you are confident about yourself it doesn't matter what you look like, I would say that most of my friends & I are just above average looking (maybe to people whose type we are, way above average), but we take care of our figures, and we are generally happy people with confidence in ourselves, so it attracts the right guys. Unfortunately I'm too fussy! If I don't feel the spark, then I don't bother, whereas a lot of girls would, just to have a boyfriend.

Just completely rambled there didn't I?!!
Mon 12/01/04 at 17:41
Regular
"smile, it's free"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Some girls are stupid and don’t know what they want, and some guys are
> just as stupid for thinking they know what they want.]

Heh, I like that quote. I'll remember that one.
Mon 12/01/04 at 17:40
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Now I hate to say this, but the reason a lot of average looking girls won't act the same way is because they know they can't get the attention that easily. They lack confidence, and they have insecurity issues even more so than the pretty ones.

Consequently, you'd think they'd appreciate someone, wouldn't you?

And they do. To an extent. Sooner or later though, there's the chance that they might just really believe you when you tell them they're very attractive. They might just lose all that insecurity, and be the confident person that (lets face it) everyone wants to be. Then they might find they don't really need your attention any more, or that you're not what they want.

If someone is nicer, are they doing it because they're genuinely like that, or because they don't have the confidence and don't get the attention they'd like?

And before someone has a go at me for this, the exact same thing can be said of many average-looking blokes. Yep that's right, the same ones who moan about the way girls act...
Mon 12/01/04 at 16:09
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Some girls are stupid and don’t know what they want, and some guys are just as stupid for thinking they know what they want.
Mon 12/01/04 at 16:05
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Mon 12/01/04 at 15:53
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Oh don’t worry, I understood what you meant right from your first post, I just thought I would challenge you anyway :D

What you have to remember though is that a lot of the people on this forum are still actually at school, full of raging hormones and so don’t see someone and think, “Hmm, you look intelligent, I’ll ask you out”. Those are the kinds of girls they will be “friends” with. What they will be looking for is the most attractive girl, (physically), not just because they seek to be with someone as attractive as all their teenage fantasies, but also as a symbol of their status for all at their schools to see.

Look, I can generalise too!
Mon 12/01/04 at 15:53
Regular
Pish, stress from college is nothing really. It feels really bad but when its done you'd be like "that's nothing".

Plus AS is easy... if you fail... re-take them next year. It doesn't require too much effort... really I know you miss lessons... i know you feel like you're falling behind but 6th form is set up to be easy.

A deadline isn't the "real" deadline (unlike uni)... so if you're struggling talk to your teacher and they'll give you an extension.

It isn't anything to worry about trust me, it's all part of growing up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.