GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Insomnia"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/04 at 13:20
Well, this is quite clearly wrong. This morning/last night I didn’t sleep at all, despite lying in bed for four whole hours trying to do so. Previously, I considered myself not to be a clear cut insomniac, as I could easily get to sleep when I felt tired – it was just a question of whether I wanted to, or as I now do, carry on reading/listening to music or study.

But last night was a first. I tried to sleep, by not thinking of anything, but that didn’t work. Then I went for the “concentrate on one boring thing” approach, but that didn’t work either. What I did do was think up some interesting stuff, such as coming up with new ideas for a little sketch that I intend to write, or whether I should get an Xbox or not. This I did for four hours.

There are quite a few other insomniacs in the forum, and wanted to know if they used any “techniques” that helped them to sleep, or failing that, what was suggested to them by others.
Oh, and should I see a doc for this?
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:40
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> When I can't sleep I imagine my own blood flow slowing, travelling
> down the outside of one leg first and then following it through the
> whole body and thereby slowing my heartbeat. Don't know if this
> actually works as I fall asleep before I reach the ankle :)

Thats a really good way of thinking. I'll have to try that next time I cannot sleep.
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:41
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Ineedsleep wrote:

> Sex at night enlivens people whereas sex on a morning, when you need
> to get up for work, sends you to sleep. My experience anyway.

mmmm morning sex...
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:49
Regular
"Balls"
*taps foot*
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Morbo wrote:

> *jealousy seeps through paws*

Make up your mind - do you have feet or paws?
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:55
Regular
"Balls"
2 paws 2 feet, got a problem. :P
Thu 08/01/04 at 15:01
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Morbo wrote:
> 2 paws 2 feet, got a problem. :P

I think we've found the reason you're not having sex...
Thu 08/01/04 at 15:02
Regular
"Balls"
to scratchy?
Thu 08/01/04 at 16:17
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Morbo wrote:
> to scratchy?

Did you mean to put 'too scratchy'?
Thu 08/01/04 at 16:19
Regular
"That's right!"
"despite lying in bed for four whole hours trying to do so."

Four hours? Is that all? That's not insomnia, that's not ANYTHING.

Anyway, what I do is stick the TV on until it numbs my brain. And I accept I won't get any sleep that night, so I don't get angry/upset over it (that just makes thing worse)
Thu 08/01/04 at 18:03
Sally_UK wrote:

>
> Do you not find it helps if you stay up studying/reading intelligent
> books until you start to feel tired? Even if you're studying until
> 4am?

Not really. I'm studying computer science, and the books I read involve a lot of attention and thought. I feel tired in the physical sense, but not for nodding off.
>
> Studying helps me have an amazing sleep, after a hardcore session I
> feel so awake and energised in the morning! (Sorry that's probably
> not helping is it!)

I used to have that same feeling, you just feel so good and more intelligent after a massive stint of study; it's the sleeping part I'm having trouble with. While I don't look back on what I've learnt when lying in bed, I do think of other stuff.
>

> Sex is also great for a good nights sleep.
I need a lass for that, and I wouldn't do it with my parents sleeping next door anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.