GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Insomnia"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/04 at 13:20
Well, this is quite clearly wrong. This morning/last night I didn’t sleep at all, despite lying in bed for four whole hours trying to do so. Previously, I considered myself not to be a clear cut insomniac, as I could easily get to sleep when I felt tired – it was just a question of whether I wanted to, or as I now do, carry on reading/listening to music or study.

But last night was a first. I tried to sleep, by not thinking of anything, but that didn’t work. Then I went for the “concentrate on one boring thing” approach, but that didn’t work either. What I did do was think up some interesting stuff, such as coming up with new ideas for a little sketch that I intend to write, or whether I should get an Xbox or not. This I did for four hours.

There are quite a few other insomniacs in the forum, and wanted to know if they used any “techniques” that helped them to sleep, or failing that, what was suggested to them by others.
Oh, and should I see a doc for this?
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:56
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I'm 24....

and it was a little bit tounge in cheek.
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:57
Regular
"Balls"
you old bas...
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:11
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Hey I'm 24 as well, not for long though - 25 next month aagghhh!

Don't be jealous Morbo, I'm not getting any either at the moment. I'm far too picky about the men I sleep with!
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:14
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Sally_UK wrote:
> Hey I'm 24 as well

*snort* Children. I'm 30.
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:16
Regular
"Balls"
wow your twice as old as me if i was two years younger
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:17
Regular
"Balls"
also your even more of an old bast...
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Morbo wrote:
> also your even more of an old bast...

Pha! Age is nothing but a number!

My father was a "sitting around doing the gardening, reading, pipe smoking, slipper wearing" fogey (at 50) until he had a heart attack. Cue the quitting smoking, cashing in his life insurance, buying a large motorbike, piercing his own ears and traveling around the country to bike rallys.

His birthday message to me on my birthday? (last November)

"Never get old"

A sentiment I aim to follow.
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:26
Regular
"Balls"
wow, sounds like a plan. you just dont want to look stupid.
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:29
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Morbo wrote:
> wow, sounds like a plan. you just dont want to look stupid.

Hehehhehe. If I actually gave a damn what anyone else thought about me or the way I look, I might take that on board.
Thu 08/01/04 at 14:35
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Sally_UK wrote:
> Hey I'm 24 as well
>
> *snort* Children. I'm 30.

.. and therefore still a child yourself!

Sex at night enlivens people whereas sex on a morning, when you need to get up for work, sends you to sleep. My experience anyway.

When I can't sleep I imagine my own blood flow slowing, travelling down the outside of one leg first and then following it through the whole body and thereby slowing my heartbeat. Don't know if this actually works as I fall asleep before I reach the ankle :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.