GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Insomnia"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/04 at 13:20
Well, this is quite clearly wrong. This morning/last night I didn’t sleep at all, despite lying in bed for four whole hours trying to do so. Previously, I considered myself not to be a clear cut insomniac, as I could easily get to sleep when I felt tired – it was just a question of whether I wanted to, or as I now do, carry on reading/listening to music or study.

But last night was a first. I tried to sleep, by not thinking of anything, but that didn’t work. Then I went for the “concentrate on one boring thing” approach, but that didn’t work either. What I did do was think up some interesting stuff, such as coming up with new ideas for a little sketch that I intend to write, or whether I should get an Xbox or not. This I did for four hours.

There are quite a few other insomniacs in the forum, and wanted to know if they used any “techniques” that helped them to sleep, or failing that, what was suggested to them by others.
Oh, and should I see a doc for this?
Thu 08/01/04 at 18:06
MoJoJoJo wrote:

> Four hours? Is that all? That's not insomnia, that's not ANYTHING.
>

Yeah, but it is a huge waste of time. I'm not getting any rest, but I'm too tired to do anything worthwhile.

> Anyway, what I do is stick the TV on until it numbs my brain.
TV was crap yesterday morning, just today's news and some crappy film set in 1942 on 4.
Thu 08/01/04 at 18:08
Regular
"Notable"
I think Im contracting insomnia......fast! Really dont feel tired and when I do its lethal. Nothing worse than not being able to sleep when your tired. One factor maybe the sudden burst of coffee I've been drinking. And we all know who to blam for that.

From my knowledge most of the people on these forums are insomniacs.
Thu 08/01/04 at 18:10
Regular
"Notable"
The last week of the Christmas/New Year Holidays I slept 2 out of 7 days on that week.

*cringes*
Thu 08/01/04 at 18:18
Regular
"SOUP!"
Eat fruit and get more excercise. Don't drink coke, coffee or tea.

Althought if like me you just plain cannot sleep then maybe we should begin a club.

86 hours.
Thu 08/01/04 at 18:20
Regular
"Notable"
Its called FOG prime, worlds longest thread.
Seems to help.
Thu 08/01/04 at 18:33
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Jú§t Tinká wrote:
> From my knowledge most of the people on these forums are insomniacs.

Do you think the forums attract insomniacs or create them?
Thu 08/01/04 at 18:34
Regular
Sally_UK wrote:
> Do you think the forums attract insomniacs or create them?

a little from column A and a little from column B
Thu 08/01/04 at 18:34
Regular
"Notable"
Sally_UK wrote:
> Do you think the forums attract insomniacs or create them?

Hmmm. Dunno but your names amazing.

Wanna be my dog?
Fri 09/01/04 at 23:09
Regular
"Notable"
Didint sleep last night. How about you Iccy?
Fri 06/02/04 at 09:19
Regular
Well... didn't sleep last night i feel fine strangely.
I really need to sort things out in real life to get a good nights sleep and to make sure everything is comfortable for tonight :\

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.