GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Insomnia"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/04 at 13:20
Well, this is quite clearly wrong. This morning/last night I didn’t sleep at all, despite lying in bed for four whole hours trying to do so. Previously, I considered myself not to be a clear cut insomniac, as I could easily get to sleep when I felt tired – it was just a question of whether I wanted to, or as I now do, carry on reading/listening to music or study.

But last night was a first. I tried to sleep, by not thinking of anything, but that didn’t work. Then I went for the “concentrate on one boring thing” approach, but that didn’t work either. What I did do was think up some interesting stuff, such as coming up with new ideas for a little sketch that I intend to write, or whether I should get an Xbox or not. This I did for four hours.

There are quite a few other insomniacs in the forum, and wanted to know if they used any “techniques” that helped them to sleep, or failing that, what was suggested to them by others.
Oh, and should I see a doc for this?
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:36
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßulle††™ wrote:
> 'bump. bump. bump.'
>
>
> Scarred for life.

Hehehhehe, something thats never bothered me. It was a case of "Oh well, they're at it again......."

My brother on the other hand once got up and slammed his door, leading to a "We need our privacy!" conversation between them and him the following morning.

I've never seen someone look so mortified :)
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:36
Regular
"Balls"
try sleeping tablets, my sister has some in her room. they seem to work.
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:38
Regular
"Balls"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> ßulle††™ wrote:
> 'bump. bump. bump.'
>
>
> Scarred for life.
>
> Hehehhehe, something thats never bothered me. It was a case of
> "Oh well, they're at it again......."

you serious???

well your brother seem like my sister, but my sister did it only beacuse her and one of her mates where in the next room.
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:41
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
I know this doesn't help but... I think Insomniacs tend to be more intelligent. It's usually because your mind's racing so much that you can't sleep (if you don't care about anything that goes on in the world then your mind is constantly relaxed) and then you get time to ponder those big questions while you're lying there, and think about your relationships with everyone you know, what happened during the day, etc. therefore becoming more aware.

What/where are you studying?

Do you not find it helps if you stay up studying/reading intelligent books until you start to feel tired? Even if you're studying until 4am?

Studying helps me have an amazing sleep, after a hardcore session I feel so awake and energised in the morning! (Sorry that's probably not helping is it!)

Obviously avoid caffiene, fruit, chocolate (anything with sugar basically), you could try drinking chamomile tea, and a big glass of brandy!

Do you smoke? and do you exercise.

Sex is also great for a good nights sleep.
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Morbo wrote:
> Hehehhehe, something thats never bothered me. It was a case of
> "Oh well, they're at it again......."
>
> you serious???

Yup. I've never thought it a big deal. I find it quite sweet now to be honest that after 30 years together they still enjoyed bumping uglies. Hope I'm the same. :)

> well your brother seem like my sister, but my sister did it only
> beacuse her and one of her mates where in the next room.

Heh, reminds me of "Family Guy"

"Oh, oh, ohhhhh, Shazam!!"

Bwhwhahahhahahaha.
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:44
Regular
"Balls"
you do make a valid point.

and yes it is. mwhahahahaha (family guy that is)
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:45
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Sally_UK wrote:

> Sex is also great for a good nights sleep.

Sex makes my mind active and I can't sleep.
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:49
Regular
"Balls"
no more sex talk

*jealousy seeps through paws*
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:51
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
It's like a payoff for being old.

So sure I'm old and I probably only have 50 years or so left to live, but hey I get to have sex.
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Balls"
your old? what 20 is what you call old? (estimated age)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.