GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Insomnia"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/04 at 13:20
Well, this is quite clearly wrong. This morning/last night I didn’t sleep at all, despite lying in bed for four whole hours trying to do so. Previously, I considered myself not to be a clear cut insomniac, as I could easily get to sleep when I felt tired – it was just a question of whether I wanted to, or as I now do, carry on reading/listening to music or study.

But last night was a first. I tried to sleep, by not thinking of anything, but that didn’t work. Then I went for the “concentrate on one boring thing” approach, but that didn’t work either. What I did do was think up some interesting stuff, such as coming up with new ideas for a little sketch that I intend to write, or whether I should get an Xbox or not. This I did for four hours.

There are quite a few other insomniacs in the forum, and wanted to know if they used any “techniques” that helped them to sleep, or failing that, what was suggested to them by others.
Oh, and should I see a doc for this?
Sun 08/02/04 at 02:27
Regular
"Monochromatic"
i have had a problems with sleeping,mainly that i dont seem to run on 24 hour clock like everyone else.
sometimes i wont be able to sleep unless ive been up 18 hours or more,but once i have i need 8 to 10 hours to recharge,obviously this causes problems...
get up at 8 am,go to bed at 3 or 4 am,get up at 12 pm etc,sometimes its more gradual and ill slowly be getting up later throughout the week until i end up getting up at 7 pm and trying to stay awake until 8 pm the next day so i can get back into a pattern.
Sun 08/02/04 at 02:15
Regular
Got a good night last night...
Sat 07/02/04 at 21:56
Regular
"??????"
At least I know what it's like now.
Sat 07/02/04 at 21:54
"period drama"
Worthwhile experience?
Sat 07/02/04 at 21:52
Regular
"??????"
It happened as a one-off.
Sat 07/02/04 at 21:49
"period drama"
And you, with your 'mild' insomnia, do?
Sat 07/02/04 at 21:43
Regular
"??????"
Trust me FFF, you don't want to know what it's like...
Sat 07/02/04 at 21:41
"period drama"
It takes me a good 2-4 hours to get to sleep every night. Never really thought it was a problem.
But I've never not been able to sleep for a whole night before.
Sat 07/02/04 at 21:35
Regular
"??????"
I was only young last Christmas and every night over those holidays, I stayed up to watch early morning TV. Thus, I got to bed at around 2:15am. I was able to wake up bright and cheerful at 7:30am. AND I have slight insomnia.

By the way, how come one night you can go to bed, wake up eight hours later and feel absolutely shattered, then you can go to bed MORE tired, sleep for six hours, and wake up fine?
Fri 06/02/04 at 20:03
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
ARJ wrote:
> well i am 15 and i went to bed at 1 am and had to get 7 in the morning
> and i am fine i can do this all week.

I'd almost kill to get 6 hours sleep a night.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.