GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General RPG Thread (Meant to be PS3, b4 Emmie got his mitts all over it)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/07/09 at 11:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Some good news for RPG fans who went with the PS3 like myself.

Dragon Age: Origins released Europe on Oct 23 Info
Its more an action/adventure/RPG of the Fable nature from the looks. But you have multiple playing paths which is always good for playability.

White Knight Chronicles released Nov '09 Q&A
More Final Fantasy style'd then DA:O and apparently with great online capabilites so..... much awaited.

Demon's Souls released Oct 6th Info
More action/RPG again but hey, we can't afford to be picky. Game footage looks ok, and previews seems decent. The online aspect seems good, allowing users to pop in and help youat any time if you wish, but this quote troubles me "but we were told that at a certain point in the game--once you've received a particular stone--you can force your way into another player's game and vice versa."

There is also some more info on.....

Final Fantasy 13!!!! Release Date Early 2010
Seems to have a lot more information than when I last looked on the Wiki Page

UPDATE 20/08
Here
A new Tri-Ace game, for PS3! Fans of Lost Odyssey rejoice!

Couple of interesting point here too [LINKhttp://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2009/042209a.html]Linky[/LINK]
Page:
Thu 22/04/10 at 09:14
Regular
"THFC"
I have put it on the LoveFilm list, worth a go i reckon!

Can normally rely on you to update me with RPG's lol!
Thu 22/04/10 at 09:06
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Confusing at first.

The battle system is best described as a fluid WKC mixed with a bit of TOV/Star Ocean. With guns.

So far I have got that the battle kis trying to be fluid, whilst the gameplay is like a general RPG. Think FF7 world map (if the whole game took place in Midgar).

You earn "hexes" off enemies and drops, that you place on the world map to unlock paths to new areas.

Ok so far I guess.
Thu 22/04/10 at 08:20
Regular
"THFC"
Warhunt, what is Resonance of Fate like?
Mon 08/03/10 at 08:38
Regular
"THFC"
I am in Greede now!
Show Spoiler
Fri 05/03/10 at 15:27
Regular
"THFC"
Wow, you must have done some levelling up, i am over levelled, but you must be taking enemies down in one hit!

I do enjoy being strong in a game, but i do get bored of levelling up if it takes ages lol
Fri 05/03/10 at 13:34
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It went ok.

There is quite a chunk bewteen us at the moment, but will depend on how quickly you race trhough the city area. I went and talked to everyone >_<

My av is 26, the other 2 chars 24/25.
Fri 05/03/10 at 13:27
Regular
"THFC"
Oh cool, well i am just a bit behind you i think, i just saw the trailer with the City turtle lol.

What level you at?? think i am like 18 or something, nearly 19. Not had any trouble from any battles yet lol.

I am enjoying it aswell, glad i got it, wish i had online. I have not done a single quest yet!

hope the venue hunt for the wedding went well!
Fri 05/03/10 at 13:15
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Sorry mate had the day off to go look at venues for my wedding.

Anyway, i'm

Show Spoiler

No you don't ever get more than 3. And only 2 guest parts I've seen so far.

I don't think it would be good to have more than 3 anyway, as the game would mkae the enemies harder...and the NPS controlled chars AI would really cause issues then.

Really quite enjoying it at the moment though.
Fri 05/03/10 at 08:18
Regular
"THFC"
Warhunt has neglected......... just wanted a nice chat about WKC :'(
Thu 04/03/10 at 08:21
Regular
"THFC"
Where abouts are you now Warhunt? I am at the...

Show Spoiler

Do you ever get more than 3 people in your team without having a Guest??
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.