GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General RPG Thread (Meant to be PS3, b4 Emmie got his mitts all over it)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/07/09 at 11:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Some good news for RPG fans who went with the PS3 like myself.

Dragon Age: Origins released Europe on Oct 23 Info
Its more an action/adventure/RPG of the Fable nature from the looks. But you have multiple playing paths which is always good for playability.

White Knight Chronicles released Nov '09 Q&A
More Final Fantasy style'd then DA:O and apparently with great online capabilites so..... much awaited.

Demon's Souls released Oct 6th Info
More action/RPG again but hey, we can't afford to be picky. Game footage looks ok, and previews seems decent. The online aspect seems good, allowing users to pop in and help youat any time if you wish, but this quote troubles me "but we were told that at a certain point in the game--once you've received a particular stone--you can force your way into another player's game and vice versa."

There is also some more info on.....

Final Fantasy 13!!!! Release Date Early 2010
Seems to have a lot more information than when I last looked on the Wiki Page

UPDATE 20/08
Here
A new Tri-Ace game, for PS3! Fans of Lost Odyssey rejoice!

Couple of interesting point here too [LINKhttp://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2009/042209a.html]Linky[/LINK]
Page:
Mon 01/03/10 at 12:31
Regular
"THFC"
Oh right, well ill get strenght and HP up soon as then, i upgraded some of the stats all ready, but ill have a look into it. I was half cut from drinking during football when i played so probably not the best time lol
Mon 01/03/10 at 12:14
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
That's pretty much the only option mate. Unless you want to go online with a weak "as" character.

Axe tree is where STR and HP is. Each tree and weapon has it's own "stats". Magic uses 100% INT, whereas Spears get their power from 30% STR, 40% VIT and 30% HP (I'm not 100% on the HP), like that.

So each tree has 2/3 "Up" paths. In shortswords it's AGIL and DEX as swords use 50% STR, 50% AGIL etc.
Mon 01/03/10 at 12:04
Regular
"THFC"
Oh so the Axe tree is where all that stuff is, i am only at the start and got Longswords on Len and my character. but about to go to the shops and stock up.

Does your avatar character stay about most the time, might throw him in and make him nice and strong, then when i go Online he will be useful!!
Mon 01/03/10 at 11:54
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
You have to have Yulie and Leonard in your party for a few boss fights, the others are never needed (technically).

So i went with these. And it's much better to buff up passive stats rather than unlocking skills at the start. I got Len into the axe tree to learn all the HP and Str ups. When you transform into the knight it one hits the bosses :S
Mon 01/03/10 at 09:53
Regular
"THFC"
Oh, your ahead of me, but i did not get much time to play, i am just about to leave the castle on the main "Quest", spent a bit of time fighting and got to like level 7 which made any small easy boss fight, even easier lol.

Do you have 3 people max? and from what i have seen, the AI aint great.

I will have a play about with the characters and see who i like, then use them. I normally go for the people i like most as apose to strongest lol
Mon 01/03/10 at 09:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I'm just past the bit with the 3 Gigas. Hopefully that won't spoil it :S In some ruins.

I wouldn't bother focusing fully on leonard. I put him and yulie in the party and im going to forget about the other characters.

Yulie is a healing archer and leonard is a tanking spear wielder. Working well so far. Then I just run around battering things with magic.

The AI is really bad though, meaning that your allies don't exploit weaknesses or even use combos it seems. SO I'm not having them use magic.
Mon 01/03/10 at 08:09
Regular
"THFC"
Where abouts are you Warhunt??

Without spoiling of course.

I think it is ok so far, not gripping me or anything but i will give it some time. I wish i had the internet at home to play Online..... but i will settle with offline for the moment. But i agree with the whole avatar thing, i did use him, but then realised you would probably spend more time as Leonard by yourself, so it is worth focusing on being him.
Sun 28/02/10 at 11:03
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
See what you mean about WKC. I'm determined to get past the gritty slow beginning and breakthrough on the masterful technique needed to understand it :S

What a weird way of doing things? They sell it as a multiplayer then force you to focus on another avatar and forget about yours. Random.
Wed 24/02/10 at 14:20
Regular
"THFC"
Fingers crossed WKC is turning up tomorrow, occasionally get lucky like that!

Moving into the flat Friday, going out Friday night, so a whole Saturday of recovering and playing WKC, sounds good to me!
Sun 21/02/10 at 16:27
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I never said it was boring! Its a bit rubbish thats all.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.