GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General RPG Thread (Meant to be PS3, b4 Emmie got his mitts all over it)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/07/09 at 11:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Some good news for RPG fans who went with the PS3 like myself.

Dragon Age: Origins released Europe on Oct 23 Info
Its more an action/adventure/RPG of the Fable nature from the looks. But you have multiple playing paths which is always good for playability.

White Knight Chronicles released Nov '09 Q&A
More Final Fantasy style'd then DA:O and apparently with great online capabilites so..... much awaited.

Demon's Souls released Oct 6th Info
More action/RPG again but hey, we can't afford to be picky. Game footage looks ok, and previews seems decent. The online aspect seems good, allowing users to pop in and help youat any time if you wish, but this quote troubles me "but we were told that at a certain point in the game--once you've received a particular stone--you can force your way into another player's game and vice versa."

There is also some more info on.....

Final Fantasy 13!!!! Release Date Early 2010
Seems to have a lot more information than when I last looked on the Wiki Page

UPDATE 20/08
Here
A new Tri-Ace game, for PS3! Fans of Lost Odyssey rejoice!

Couple of interesting point here too [LINKhttp://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2009/042209a.html]Linky[/LINK]
Page:
Tue 17/08/10 at 01:15
Regular
"THFC"
Well, long time no visit in this section. I craved a JRPG and i believe to have found it in Magna Carta 2 on the Xbox 360, really enjoying this game.

I am abot 13 hours into it and still enjoying it, the plot seems pretty deep and still having the odd twist here and there, new things keep sprouting up with the battle system, which is nice, graphics are polished and the battle system is solid, with a standard level up system, mixed with a mini sphere grid. Enchanments on weapons, all the usual stuff really

Worth a look for any fans,
£20 new, here
Anyone with Lovefilm should try it, or just buy it here! Or its £18 on CEX, so trade in for this great game
Fri 09/07/10 at 10:30
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I really want to hear more about FFvXIII, it doesn't seem right that 14 will be released before "13-2".

Current RPGs playing: Final Fantasy XIII and Star Ocean.

I can understand what people have been saying about the Star Ocean boss fights, they can be very long (I think the majority of the ones I've done so far have been at least 45'+, and I've game over'd on the one that i'm at now after 1 hour 45 minutes of playtime (Armaros Manifest, I seem a bit underlevelled for it)
Thu 08/07/10 at 14:53
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Warhunt wrote:
> but it's tempting no?

Tempting? Oh heck - Yes! That turned out to be an expensive tea break :D

Don't own a PS3 (had to borrow one for current game) so deliberately didn't go looking for FFXIV but for the PC and online means I ordered the collectors edition.

Used to play FFXI sooooo long ago now. Switched to WoW and, despite Cat being on pre-order, looks like I'm switching back >< :D

Oh and I get an average of 9.5 mbps so no problems browsing (or playing!) at home :)
Thu 08/07/10 at 14:19
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ha. :D

Turns out the PS3 version isn't being released until next March. But still.... September for the PC!

One thing I don't understand with Square, is why they don't have official sites that require less loading. All their fan sites are impressive no doubt, but you would need a fairly good connection to navigate it all.

(Not a prob here, as we have 13mbps, but at home I'm naffed)
Thu 08/07/10 at 14:06
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Oh you are jesting^^ I'm so far behind in my gaming these days - I'm only 50% of the way through FFXIII and now you are going to torment me with talk of the next one! :D
Thu 08/07/10 at 13:10
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Woot!

FFXIV pre-ordered. Anyone else going for this?

It's available on PS3 too, so shouldn't be that complicated. Think I'll stick to PC, but it's tempting no?
Sat 26/06/10 at 12:52
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Nier isn't too bad so far by the way.
Thu 24/06/10 at 10:47
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ooh garin, it's about to be released properly over here so get the UK edition. I've heard they have made some subtle changes....

And Divine Div 2.... I heard good things, demo was a bit meh though.

Star Ocean just thouroughly wound me up.... full stop.
Thu 24/06/10 at 04:50
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Bump for the RPG thread!

Finished Divine Divinity 2 yesterday, the ending really really annoyed me. :P

I started playing Star Ocean : Last Hope recently. The boss battles are so tiresome though I dont think I can be bothered with it.

Quite tempted by Demon Souls (again). I didnt like it much when I rented it, but everybody raves about it making me think I should give it another go.
Fri 30/04/10 at 12:10
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
LOTR: Conquest. Completed both campaigns, not an RPG :( But mildly enjoyable none the less.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.