GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My return of the king review (may contain spoliers)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/12/03 at 14:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well, i have to say that this was a marvellously entertaining film, i held off going for a pee until my hands went numb, but i still felt a little let down.

This film is by far the most removed from the book, and i think the spirit of the film suffers for it. Having Sam leave Frodo seemed to add an unneccesary complexity to the tale, and as for Gollum trying to poison Frodo against Sam i thought it a bit pointless.

But still, the battles are incredible, almost rousing me out of my seat to shout a battle cry. But then they made it look like minas tirith was made out of Lego, and if the first 5 minutes of the siege of Minas Tirith were anything to go by, the city should have been levelled in half an hour at most.

I could rant on about the various bits of the book that were left out, but it would take some space, and if the film is still good anyway, then whats the point?

Oh, and take some tissues, there were quite a few people who were left blubbing.
Fri 19/12/03 at 14:47
Regular
Vice wrote:
> prolly summink to do with feminist you know how everything has to be
> politically correct nowadays

--

Try reading the books. Eowyn kills the Witch-King in the books. Retard.
Fri 19/12/03 at 15:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Darwock wrote:
> What are you talking about? Frodo does leave Sam and Gollum does
> poison them against each other in the book.

Dont talk rubbish. They both entered Shelobs lair together in the book, and Gollum never went out of his way to make Frodo distrust Sam either.
Fri 19/12/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
May go and see it again tomorrow. Seeing it at least three times as I'm going with my Dad, girlfriend and mate.
Fri 19/12/03 at 16:35
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
OK, well it's been 12 years since I last read the books but I'm SURE I remember Frodo and Sam separating, and I definitely remember Gandalf and the Witch King having a showdown...
Fri 19/12/03 at 17:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Merry kills the Witchking in the books.
Fri 19/12/03 at 17:35
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Treebeard kills the Witch King actually.
Fri 19/12/03 at 17:36
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
No, sorry I lied it was Saruman who killed the Witch King.
Fri 19/12/03 at 17:36
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Spastics.
Fri 19/12/03 at 19:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Right....
Fri 19/12/03 at 22:53
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Either I'm missing the joke or that guy has multiple accounts, which he tried to use to make himself sound clever and funny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.